RPM going up and down

when i turn on my car KIA Sportage 2009 the RPM will be high (5) then after 2 mints it will go down, and also when i put the gear on D and drive the car and like when i stop on the traffic light while pressing break the car like want to go without pressing petrol like it want to jump while me pressing break, also when i put the car on N the RPM well start go up and down

Hi, If you are in the USA go to an Auto Zone store and get them to check if the there any fault codes being displayed on the OBDII port. They use a scan tool to do the check. I believe that they do the check for free. (They want you to buy their parts) The codes, if any might tell you what the problem is.

:S the problem im in Dubai i will take the car to workshop to check it, i was hoping to fix it my self :D thanks anyways

darkmoon, There are many things that can effect the idle on your vehicle. Could be something as simple as a vacuum line disconnected, check to ensure all rubber vacuum lines are connected, not cracked/pinched. If not have your car scanned for diagnostic/trouble codes. There are a few auto parts suppliers that do this service for free, Autozone, Napa, Pep boys, Aamco, Advanced auto, there may be more or you could just pick yourself up a cheap scanner. Scanning the vehicle could save a lot of time and avoiding throwing unnecessary parts at the car. Good luck

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Yah i think i have to scan the car and its easier to see where is the problem thanks :D

darkmoon1221 will be eternally grateful.