Parts & Tools

Small media streaming device that plugs directly into your TV's HDMI port. Originally released by Amazon in November 2014. The latest version comes with a voice-activated remote.

Fire stick remote wont work

My amazon fire stick remote wont work at all it was working perfectly well last night I've tried holding the home button down for 10 seconds unplugging ,plugging back in ,pressing every other button for 10 seconds and............ nothing it's as if it's completely died ????????

Have the same problem. TV screen just has the Amazon logo and every thing else is black. Batteries have been changed, buttons held.

I have something similar, I don't know how this happened but I turned around and my dog had pushed the button on the remote causing it to go into remote setup mode now I can't get out of setup mode? I'll hold the home button down for 10 sec nothing happens except it keeps changing different languages for setup instructions. I've unplugged the fire stick cable for at least 3 mins now and I turned it back on plugged it back in, the Amazon & firestick tv came on but then went straight to remote setup mode. How do I get back to my Amazon prime tv programs?

Hello! I'm having the same problem remote not working. Mine is flashing a red light when I hold the home button down for 10 seconds. Do you know what this mean??

I have a problem where mine beep wont work when I press a button

I reset my firestick and now it won't pair to my remote

Essential Electronics Toolkit

Small Toolkit. Big Possibilities.

Shop Toolkits

Essential
Electronics
Toolkit

Shop Toolkits

Most Helpful Answer

I just got off the phone with customer service they had me factory reset the firestick remote by holding the return arrow the menu button and the left side of the move wheel for 15 seconds, then had me unplug my firestick and take out the remote batteries for 1 minute, Plug in my firestick and when it booted up put the batteries back in and push no buttons for a minute, then hold the home button for 20 seconds I saw blue leds when it was successfully paired. Hopefully this will help someone else who is having the same issue.

awesome and yes!!! thanks!!

I actually did the last part ( holding the home key for 20 secs) a total of 3 times. the 3rd and final try was success

Thanks it worked for me also!

This worked! Thanks!

Thanks. It was a success for me also!

It's because the device has unpaired from the remote for some dumb reason, but just take out the batteries and put them back in. The batteries that came with them are actually pretty great batteries. Had the same ones in my remote for over a year they are still going strong.

The batteries I got with my firestick remote wear pretty bad as they ran out really quick and had to change batteries within a short space of time

Have you tried new batteries?

The original batteries aren't great. Also try holding the home button down for up to 30 seconds.

If your still stuck you can download an app from App Store or play store for your tablet/phone you can use. Just search for firestick remote

Iv held the home button for 30 seconds and iv also tried the select button for five seconds then select and play button for a further five seconds and it’s still not working..I have downloaded the fire stick tv remote app but it’s not connecting to my device it’s saying tht a need to b connected to the same WiFi as the device and I am and it’s still not working..it also tells you to go to setting and pair the device but how can we do Tht of the remote isn’t working and it’s not working on my phone either

i had a power outrage and now the home button and amazon prime don’t work. I tried all the above mentioned and it doesn’t work

sometimes I gotta tap the remote in my hand a few times.... Been doing it for years and remotes just fine. Honestly tho... I actually prefer the fire remote app on my phone. It does everything my hand held remote does and better actually, plus no batteries. I just recharge my phone.

I simply held down the home button for a real 10 sec and it was back to factory settings!

Call me lucky or what ever you like but it worked

Shut off the Samsung TV using the fire stick power button and now can’t get the TV on with either remote. Changed all batteries and tried Steven Bledsoe’s tip (1st comment) to reset but does this work when the TV is off? Tried the reset process 3 times to no avail! No TV in isolation is not fun…

My remote control to my tv it doesn't work

Graham Duckworth will be eternally grateful.