Small media streaming device that plugs directly into your TV's HDMI port. Originally released by Amazon in November 2014. The latest version comes with a voice-activated remote.

Fire stick remote wont work

My amazon fire stick remote wont work at all it was working perfectly well last night I've tried holding the home button down for 10 seconds unplugging ,plugging back in ,pressing every other button for 10 seconds and............ nothing it's as if it's completely died ????????

Have the same problem. TV screen just has the Amazon logo and every thing else is black. Batteries have been changed, buttons held.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

Hold down the Select button for 5 seconds to put the remote into pair mode.

Hold down the Select + Play buttons together for 5 seconds to Restart the device.

Restart the device: Settings > System > Restart, then once restarted unplug the power cable for 5 seconds then plug back in.

I hope this helps you and hopefully fixes your Fire TV issues.

Worked for me. Had attempted using other suggestions but did not work.

As said b4, the remote doesn't work. Therefore, pressing any buttons on it to make anything happen is fruitless! If you don't read the problem, don't post a solution!

When all else fails, Google play has an app called fire tv. It pairs to your remote via your Amazon account. Your tablet, phone, whatever device u use becomes your remote.

Have you tried new batteries?

The original batteries aren't great. Also try holding the home button down for up to 30 seconds.

If your still stuck you can download an app from App Store or play store for your tablet/phone you can use. Just search for firestick remote

Iv held the home button for 30 seconds and iv also tried the select button for five seconds then select and play button for a further five seconds and it’s still not working..I have downloaded the fire stick tv remote app but it’s not connecting to my device it’s saying tht a need to b connected to the same WiFi as the device and I am and it’s still not working..it also tells you to go to setting and pair the device but how can we do Tht of the remote isn’t working and it’s not working on my phone either

I reset my firestick and now it won't pair to my remote

Seems there is no proper answer other than use you phone.

Not helpful I want the remote to work.

Working fine last night, tried all the tests, resets, it has completely died

It's because the device has unpaired from the remote for some dumb reason, but just take out the batteries and put them back in. The batteries that came with them are actually pretty great batteries. Had the same ones in my remote for over a year they are still going strong.

The batteries I got with my firestick remote wear pretty bad as they ran out really quick and had to change batteries within a short space of time

All my buttons work on my fire stick remote except the pause and fast forward and rewind button. Has this happened to anyone else? Can someone provide any assistance

Is your Amazon Fire Stick remote not working? Does your media streaming device remote have working batteries? Most of the time, remote issues are due to worn out batteries. Replace the batteries, if that doesn’t work, call customer service.

Mine just froze up again this is the second 4K firestock that’s done this to me in the last 30 days . And I can’t seam to find my recipes so I’m screwed . It’s not the remote it gets stuck or frozen in the white logo screen and won’t do anything else …. ITs something to do with what I’m installing would be my guess these things are temperamental.

Graham Duckworth will be eternally grateful.