Ice Maker Stopped Dumping Ice

I have a 2.5 yo Samsung RF261BEAEBC/AA french door refrigerator. The icemaker has suddenly stopped dumping ice. The temperature is set to 2 degrees and the icemaker button is 'On'. When the reset button is pressed, the motor kicks in, the perfectly formed ice drops and the tray refills.

I've replace the water filter and the icemaker module, all to no avail. I've turned everything off, then back on. I'm not sure what to try next. Any help out there?

Most Helpful Answer

If your having to press the reset every time to get the ice to drop it could be the ice maker sensor. Could also be the tempature isn't cold enough. If everything is cooling fine, I'd replace the ice maker. But, if you've noticed ice cream is softer or the milk taste bad, than your problem isn't in the ice maker.

Be sure to get the complete ice maker assembly and not a rebuilt one. I do replace a lot of Samsung ice makers and have a lot of problems with the rebuilt ones. Also, set your freezer to 0*

The ice maker module was replaced, the temperature was set to 2 degrees, the issue was the button is not an "ice on" button but rather an "ice off" switch. It was illuminated when I checked so after turning it off and waiting about 12 hours, it started making ice again. The person that installed the module did say the switch was off but apparently he didn't wait long enough.

Press "Energy Saver Control Lock" (for 3 seconds)

"Energy Saver Central Lick (3sec) on door press for 3 secs. Bad that it is so hard to get this information and to post!!!!!!

SFL will be eternally grateful.