Ice Maker Stopped Dumping Ice

I have a 2.5 yo Samsung RF261BEAEBC/AA french door refrigerator. The icemaker has suddenly stopped dumping ice. The temperature is set to 2 degrees and the icemaker button is 'On'. When the reset button is pressed, the motor kicks in, the perfectly formed ice drops and the tray refills.

I've replace the water filter and the icemaker module, all to no avail. I've turned everything off, then back on. I'm not sure what to try next. Any help out there?

Mine makes ice but does not dispense it when the leaver is pushed all I get is water

Mine as well makes ice fine, no bad milk or soft ice cream so its freezing great it just doesn't drop the ice. I only get water

Rayesouza, is the ice maker tray not dropping the ice into the ice bucket? Or is it the dispenser on front of the door not dropping ice into your glass? This model has the ice room located top left in fresh food section, correct? If so, pull out the ice bucket and with a flashlight look at the very back of the ice room. Do you see any frost or ice anywhere?

Ice maker has been in a coma for over a year. We had a RCD trip yesterday on the fuse box and it's rebooted it into action ! This is after an engineer last year told us we'd need a new computer in the fridge.

for a 2k fridge and stop working after 2 years, the only solution is never buy samsung again, it's a cheap compagny that produce cheap product. Seem like a lot.... but a lot of customer have the same issue including me. for 2k fridge you want it to last for minimum 5 years.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

If your having to press the reset every time to get the ice to drop it could be the ice maker sensor. Could also be the tempature isn't cold enough. If everything is cooling fine, I'd replace the ice maker. But, if you've noticed ice cream is softer or the milk taste bad, than your problem isn't in the ice maker.

Be sure to get the complete ice maker assembly and not a rebuilt one. I do replace a lot of Samsung ice makers and have a lot of problems with the rebuilt ones. Also, set your freezer to 0*

Loretta I can hear the ice motor but it won't dump ice in the bucket. I did see frost so I turned off the ice maker for a week and it's not working. Did reset it too..I think this all happened when the kids completely emptied the ice bucket this summer. Any thoughts?

Trish, I'm sure the kids had it working hard over the summer. The mineral deposits in our water, or at least where I live, seem to be the cause of more I/M issues than anything else. Including a house full of kids for the summer. :) An easy way to determine if you have hard water is boil a pot of water for 5-10 min. If you notice a white sandy substance in the pan than you do have hard water. It will form a layer of almost cement on the ice trays. It wont allow the trays to flex, thus, damage to the gears or the tray. I'd suggest replacing the water valve also if you have hard water.

Mine is model RF26J7500SR and I hear ice dropping but I get no ice. I replaced the water filter just fine. I tried locking and unlocking the 'ice maker off' just to be sure, seemed to work fine. My ice maker is in the top left, no instructions on how to remove or empty it... please help!!!

Hi had the same problem too. I turned the icemaker off for 4 days, as my research indicated the tube might have ice and needed to defrost. then I turned it back on, and it worked ok again. Bit I wouldn't buy a Samsung fridge freezer again. this fridge was brand new and has had 4 repairs in 5 years.

Press "Energy Saver Control Lock" (for 3 seconds)

"Energy Saver Central Lick (3sec) on door press for 3 secs. Bad that it is so hard to get this information and to post!!!!!!

Does anyone understand this comment regarding the Energy Saver? Was it relative to fixing the ice maker? If so, did anyone do this and did it work to get the ice maker going again?

The ice maker module was replaced, the temperature was set to 2 degrees, the issue was the button is not an "ice on" button but rather an "ice off" switch. It was illuminated when I checked so after turning it off and waiting about 12 hours, it started making ice again. The person that installed the module did say the switch was off but apparently he didn't wait long enough.

We had the same problem and tried evrything they said to do. I used a blow dryer to defrost the ice build up, still did not work. The technician came out to repair the unit but it was stuck because the plastic melted from using a blow dryer to defrost the ice build....now Samsung will not warranty the ice maker. We bought the refridgerator 10 mos ago. The ice maker never worked properly...it is poorly made and it should have been recalled. Samsung appliances are horrible! And Samsung is horrible for not helping their customers with a defective problem.

I turned my ice maker off for three days, let the blockage in the pipes melt, turned it back on and it worked on again. Very happy I didn't have to spend any money.

I have already spent the total value of the fridge freezer already in other repairs. My fridge started cooking my food, instead of being 4 degrees it went to 26 degrees!

I wouldn't purchase another Samsung fridge again.

Have a Samsung fridge and it makes ice just doesn't drop it. The tech replaced ice maker water valve and sensor boards! It is still not working.

Nelanie Tompkins - Does your refrigerator have the french doors with freezer on bottom and the ice maker located top left corner? If the tech replaced all those parts then check the temperature? Has ice cream been soft or milk spoiling too soon? Also, pull the ice bucket out and look in the back of ice room, do you see frost or ice built up in the very back? Do you have water under the crisper drawers? When was the last time the coils behind the unit were cleaned? If they haven't been cleaned in a year, that is probably your problem. Dirty coils will cause the compressor to overheat, thus, not cool properly. The coils should be cleaned once a year-more if you have indoor pets.

All ice makers have a temperature sensor. They will not drop the ice into the ice bin until the temperature sensor detects a set temperature. The model with the ice room in the top left has its own Freon gas line looped in it. Do not attempt to pry the ice maker out.

Technician cleaned the coils temperature does not change its a constant 0 I bought a thermometer and put in it. The tech is confused I'm confused I just want my ice to work again

I'm having the same problem. The ice maker makes ice, it just won't drop the ice. On the advice of the technician that came out, he recommended that I get a new ice maker assembly for the RFG237ACRS/XAC model (French Doors, with dispenser on the left and the freezer at the bottom, ice maker at top left of refrigerator). I installed the new ice maker and it made and dropped ice, albeit not much the first day, however, since then it has made ice, however, it won't drop it. I've reset it several times and still the ice does not drop. I'm at a complete loss and there is no one to assist unless you want to spend $75 to have a technician come out and last time I did that, I was told to buy a nice ice maker assembly. This is some serious nonsense.

My RF261 Samsung (piece of garbage!!) has had every component including a new computer board replaced for the ice maker that is below in the freezer compartment!! I have to reset the ice maker every few weeks for it to drop ice. After resetting it, it takes over 24 hours to start dropping ice again, or at times it never drops it even after the 24 hour period. The tray gets filled and the water turns to ice, but this piece of garbage has a mind of it's own. In 1969 people walked on the Moon and in 2017 no one can make an ice maker that lasts more than 2 years. Paid over $2K for this fridge. Samsung, if you are listening, you make good HDTVs, stick to what you are good at. Your support on this Fridge also is way under par! Shame on you Samsung!!!!

SFL will be eternally grateful.