The second-generation Dakota began development in 1991 and frozen for production in January 1994.

Where is the blower motor

my blower motor does not work I can not find it on the1997 dodge dakota

Most Helpful Answer

@tim1958 try this from the service manual:

"REMOVAL

WARNING: ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIRBAGS,DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEERING WHEEL, STEERING COLUMN, OR INSTRUMENT PANEL COMPONENT DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. DISCONNECT AND ISOLATE THE BATTERY NEGATIVE (GROUND) CABLE, THEN WAIT TWO MINUTES FOR THE AIRBAG SYSTEM CAPACITOR TO DISCHARGE BEFORE PERFORMING FURTHER DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. THIS IS THE ONLY SURE WAY TO DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM. FAILURE TO TAKE THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS COULD RESULT IN AN ACCIDENTAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY.

The blower motor is located on the passenger side of the vehicle under the dash

(1) Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.

(2) Unplug the blower motor wire harness connector (Fig. 3).

(3) Remove the three screws that secure the blower motor and wheel assembly to the HVAC housing.

(4) Rotate and tilt the blower motor unit as needed for clearance to remove the blower motor and wheel from the HVAC housing.

INSTALLATION

(1) Align and install the blower motor and wheel assembly into the HVAC housing.

(2) Install the three mounting screws and tighten to 2.2 N·m (20 in. lbs.).

(3) Plug in the blower motor wire harness connector.

(4) Connect the battery negative cable."

If you want to change the blower motor resistor you just have to remove the two screws and the wiring harness that connect to it, but you have to loosen the dash enough to tilt it back by about 6 inches to gain access to the resistor. Attached is the part of the service manual that deals with the blower motor and resistor Dakota HVAC and here are the steps for the dash removal Dakota Dash

Oldturkey, I believe this is how it is done in a Dodge Ram, but the 1997 Dodge Dakota in question, blower motor removal differs, does it not?

The service manuals for the issues at hand are attached and are for the Dakota

Here is a short article I found on line. It seems difficult for a novice. I would suggest checking out the video about changing the resistor. If your symptoms are like those talked about in it, I would try changing it. If not I would take it to a good mechanic. I hope this helps. Good luck! To use the link, tap or click on the blue link.

RE: blower motor 1997 dodge dakota

IP: Logged

Message:

Try an auto parts store or rockauto.com.

Replacing it is a challenge. The entire dash has to be rolled back and the heater plenum removed. You'll have to discharge the a/c and drain the cooling system.

Be sure it really is the motor before you tackle this and if you do, replace the heater core while you're in there. It's cheap insurance.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B2_wIMT1EQ...

tim will be eternally grateful.