The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

Washer won't start with start button

My washer will light up when I delete what kind of load I want but nothing happens when I press the start button. I will sit here and hold start but it won't ever start. It flashes no codes either.

The latch locking the door may be broken or otherwise is not engaging. If everything else is working, the start button possibly is not making contact in the back when you are pushing it. More about this when I get back from fixing my own washer with the same problem.

Most Helpful Answer

Cause 1

User Control and Display Board

To determine if the user control and display board is defective, try pressing the buttons on the control panel. If some of the buttons work, but others do not work, the control and display board might need to be replaced. Additionally, if the display is not working, check the power to the user control and display board. If the user control and display board has power, but it isn’t working, replace it.

Cause 2

Timer

The timer is frequently misdiagnosed—before replacing the timer, first check all of the more commonly defective parts. To determine if the timer is defective, consult your washer’s wiring diagram and use a multimeter to test the timer for continuity.

Cause 3

Line Fuse

The line fuse blows if the washer circuits are overloaded. If the line fuse blows, the washer won’t start. To determine if the line fuse is at fault, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the fuse does not have continuity, replace it. In addition, you should investigate and resolve the problem that caused the fuse to blow. Check for shorted out components such as the wires, motor, or drain pump. If you don’t resolve the underlying issue, the new fuse will blow too.

mustangchick13 will be eternally grateful.