Why won't my iPhone 5s power up?

So about a day before my problem, I was using my phone and it was down to 1% battery and I was on my phone for a least 1 and half hour and it was still on 1% battery (my phone was on airplane mode) after that it died out. so then I waited till morning to charge it, but after about a hour or so it wouldn't turn on.

This has happened before, but after pressing the lock button for a really long time it powered up again. (but this time it didn't work)

Things I've tried:

- I tried unplugging it and switching from different power sockets.

- I tried charging it from my laptop.

- I tried pressing home + lock button.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

thanks.

connect to your laptop and hard reset the phone (press home+lock button for at least 10 seconds), also repeatedly. with luck it is detected again via usb in itunes also in restore or dfu mode > restore from backup

maybe defective battery

if it comes up check battery cycles with ibackupbot

http://www.icopybot.com/itunes-backup-ma...

If its above 500-600 cycles > replace

good luck ;)

S orry, You didn't say you tried a different charge cord... dropped it, water damage even from sweat especially the 5S...

There could be damage to the charge port or internal components from using quick chargers or non ISO chargers.

I would suggest resetting the phone and update but only if you know the iCloud account, and never change a 5S fingerprint sensor and update your phone or it will get 'bricked'. You cannot swap FP sensors without programming from apple.

You can replace the charge port complete cable...

Don't forget to leave feedback if this helps.

Let us know the results.

It's easy to replace a battery, I buy several cheap ones rather than an overpriced original.

Always use Apple Chargers and not the cheap ones or Samsung for Apple. Your phone will develop glitches if proper chargers aren't used.

waves will be eternally grateful.