Why is my power adaptor overheating
So my laptop charger one day got very hot notably the tip part you plug into the laptop. I took it out but didn't know what to do about it so just kept using it just ended up not working after 2 days. So i assumed it was because it was an old adaptor i just needed a new one and it just came but as soon as i plugged it in i am seeing it heating up to not normal levels and am not going to let it break again. Please someone tell me the problem and how to fix it, I am thinking its the Battery.
Is this a good question?