Keyboard fpc flap broken


I have a Toshiba laptop.

The fpc connector that holds the keyboard ribbon is working fine, but the plastic flap that retains it in place is almost broken

I am sure it's possible to get a replacement fpc, get the flap out and put it in place.

The flap is the kind of flap that you slide out and then put the flex in, then slide it in again.

Is this possible and how could I get it?

I would say it's similar to the black flap of this one in the image below

The connector has 34 pins and it's probably the size of any other keyboard fpc connector.


Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0


I am looking on Aliexpress at some fpc keyboard connectors, but all of them are the lift up style ones

Do you know where I can find the ones that you slide it in and out so I can just replace the flap on the faulty connector in the motherboard?



I found a good screenshot here. This looks pretty much like mine!


Add a comment
New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

HERE Are some I found Hope It Helps!!

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1



Thank you!

Those were from the US so the shipping was expensive.

I also found these which should be similar

Do you know if it's possible to take the flap out so you can put it on the one on my motherboard?



I have just replaced the flap before it Just takes some patience


Thank you I will order them and see how it goes. Thanks!!


Add a comment

Add your answer

Alberto will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 42