RCA Android tablet with detachable keyboard, identified by model number RCT6303W87DK.

How to reset the password

how to reset the login password ????

I reset my tablet now all it does is show the RCA screen and ask for a password. I put in the password and it says it's invalid. Please help

We just bought two of these. One works amazing, the other one won’t turn on at all? Is there an option to try before returning it?

no good for tablet

Mine is new out of the box. Asking for a password. No idea what it wants.

I Can’t use the google play app

It says update latest version but it doesn’t let me

@tieubao , con, Fluffy thug life , You will have to factory reset your RCA 10 Viking Pro tablet if password is forgotten,(this procedure will remove all data). Power the device down completely, and then hold both the volume up button and the power button until the RCA logo appears on the screen. When the screen changes to the Android bot on his back, press and hold the power button and then press volume up once more. At this point, the Android System Recovery screen appears, with a list of options. Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate the menu and make selections accordingly. To reset the device, scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the power button. Confirm the selection by scrolling down through several "no" entries until the word "yes" is visible. Highlight "yes" and press the power button. This info. supplied by link below which has more info. for you to read. Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Reset-an-...

I did all of that but it is askin for the Google account previous synced with the tablet. ..I got it from a friend who couldn't remember it so he bought another one

thank you so much, worked perfectly

Worked great for me

ive tried this numerous times with no luck whatsoever!

I am a total computer of fraidy-cat work perfect for me!!! Thank you for providing the solution for me ;- ]

well i have the RCA Viking Pro 10" tablet and at no point and time does a robot show up on my screen i can hold the power and volume up button down for 5 mins and all it does is go back and forth from the RCA dogs and the words Viking Pro if i let go of either button it just loads the locked screen as before asking for a password i cant remember. For me all this was and did for my tablet is restart it it did NOT reset anything. And yes it uses the Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system. If anybody is curious as to why the factory reset function was disabled on this device the model number is RCT6303W87 DFK, good luck and happy hunting i'm going to get my 10oz titanium framing hammer and fix this piece of junk.

Volume button on back of tablet.

Yes ! Button on back ,thankx Lynny

I had the same problem and this helped me: First, don't hold in the power button, just push it. Then push it again and then hold it in. Hitting it that once was to make sure it was locked properly. Then you can hit the restart, reboot, help, etc, but that depends on the phone you have. You can also hold power and volume up button at the same time. If you use volume down for this technique, it will just take a screen shot and you will have to start all over. If you didn't lock it yet, download a screen pin with wallpaper app to replace the PIN with a brand new one. I hope this helped you! Thanks!

don’t get the RCA , Viking Pro 10 , RCT6K03W13H3 A piece of Sh##.

Try everything to re -set the password No luck

My daughter passed away and left my granddaughter with an RCA Galileo tablet. Of course we don't have password so I factory reset it for her now it wants the google account associated with the tablet. My daughter took that with her too. Can I not reset this tablet for my granddaughter? She's only 11 and wanted her Mommys tablet so very much.

Hi let me start by saying I'm sorry for your loss. I am no means a tech person. I came to this website because my daughter is 8 yr daughter put a password on her device and I'm sure she doesn't know it. I reset it. Your comment/question touched me. You may want to try and email Google or search deceased loved ones account. Because settings now ask you if in the event of your passing who do you give access to. I hope this helps and you can gain access.

Thank you very much. I am still in shock and denial sometimes. She was only 35. ☹️

Honestly, I don't know what email she used because last time we emailed she was in college and used ivytech email which I am sure is no longer valid since she graduated in 2013. We talked/texted daily and never had a reason for email. I know my granddaughters, lol. Yes, already tried it.

I will email google and see if they can help. IF I can find a help email for google. Seems last time I tried to reach out to them, I ended up lost in help pages.

My tablet will neither shut off or turn on . All it dose is eliminates​ slightly around the edges. Help.

Problem I’m having is I reset the whole tablet now it’s saying into your Google account I did that and I enter my password and it goes back into your Google account it’s costly doing that

Hi not sure if your problem was resolved yet, but when you factory reset it goes to a second question which is a bunch of no answers and one yes. The yes is to delete all previous user data. I choose this option every time and tablet return shipping to brand new out of the box condition.

Mine Doesn’t even go into a series of yes and no questions after I click the white data

I'm having the same problem reset it like 5 times and it won't let me sign in at all

I accidentally did the factory reset,np.i don't have the default password.help

con will be eternally grateful.