Vtech landline phone repair.

no line shows up on two handsets

"no line" shows up on my vetch handset 1 as well as handset 2. . I have plugged and unplugged. . . .tried everything. . .unhooked jacks, etc.

Happened to my neighbors today. I called Spectrum and the tech guy unplugged the modem waited a while and replugged it and all was well. Maybe lightening knocks things out? Or maybe a number close to yours didn't pay their bill and they shut the wrong one? Tech is tricky and sneaky these days.

Unplug the base station and any other device plugged into your telephone line.

Can you get dial tone where the line comes into the premises by connecting and using an old style corded telephone?

If you can get dial tone then perhaps the cord to the base station is faulty or the base station itself is faulty.

If you have no corded phone to use try the following:

Call your telephone number from another phone, e.g. a mobile phone .

Do you get ring tone in the phone you are using? If so short out the line where it comes into the house and see if you 'trip' the ring. That will prove that the line works to there.

If you get ring tone but you can't trip the ring current your number is not appearing at the premises. The line may be open circuit.

If you get the engaged tone there may be a fault on the line.

If you prove that the line works up to the premises then perhaps the cord to the base station is faulty or the base station itself is faulty.

Hopefully this is of some help.

I don't know what trip the ring current means.

I had the same problem when I bought this phone at a garage sale it kept saying no home line then I switch out the telephone cord. And it started working after that the cord was faulty.

handset completely dead. nothing not a single button works and no dial tone .

Hi, Did you try what was suggested in the Chosen Solution above?

Joel cavicchia will be eternally grateful.