A guitar shaped controller for Guitar Hero III of the Guitar Hero video game franchise.

My red button flickers on and off and then shuts down

I was playing some Metallica (don't judge) and then my red button started flickering causing me to miss notes. It does it randomly unless you whammy. When you whammy it shuts down. I checked all of the games and it does it in them too. 3 the most ironically since the guitar came with that game.

I have it for the wii but I assume the guitars are the same so I am asking here.

Hola Robert, ¿cómo estás?, I'm from Colombia and I hope your okay, first of all happy new Solar Cycle.

I had exactly the same issue with my guitar controller for Playstation 3, and I say I had becase fortunately I could fix it yesterday.

It's really annoying to play with that kind of trouble and I just did the following and it was completely fixed, after looking for a lot the issue, I first thought it was caused for the red fret button and it wasn't. I've attached a picture where I mark with red circles the place where surely you have the problem. What I did here was to check the connection between the cables and the PCB (the board) and effectively the cable of the red fret hadn't a good connection with the board so I cut the first 5 or 8 milimeters of the cable and soldered again.

As I told you before, I had exactly the same trouble as you and I could fix it in this way, I'm sure your issue is the same, so try this solution and tell me.

Robert Miller will be eternally grateful.