Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Replacing iPhone 6 plus battery without adhesive strip

Hi guys, I want to ask can I replace my iphone 6 plus battery without putting on a new adhesive strip? Does the adhesive strip matter?

Most Helpful Answer

I wouldn't install the battery with out it. The adhesive strips keep the battery from moving forward (hitting your lcd from the inside), when you're walking or from normal use. I have a test iPhone 6 that I use for testing screens that doesnt have adhesive strips on the battery and when I install the screen fully, I can feel the battery move slightly when I move it forward in the motion you would to talk.

if you don't have any adhesive strips i would just use a pice of double sided tape. the battery will be fine regardless but at least a strip of double sided tape will keep it in place

Jack Go will be eternally grateful.