Parts & Tools

Gaming laptop released in 2015. Features an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M and 1080p 15.6" display.

Can I replace my screen with IPS one?

I bought my laptop with TN matrix display and that everybody know there is very bad colors and angel of view. What type of screen I need to get and replace ?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

It's really hard to take screen with different display , neither TN , IPS , or anything like that.

You can do it, but it's really hard as i said because you will have to test a lot of monitors to find the compatible one, even though you will have the right code.This doesn't mean that it will be compatible with your laptop.

Yes you can replace it. There are a lot of tutorial available online. You can find for B156HAN01.2 replacement IPS screen and replace it with your current TN Panel

Thats an AHVA panel not IPS

As long as the pinout and connector type on the replacement panel matches the old one (a lot of Haswell-present laptops use iDP instead of LVDS now), it’s doable. However, the Y series is harder then most laptops.

On the Y700, the screen is fused to the glass assembly across the board so you have the one where there’s a chance it can be done. However, the touch version of the Y50 uses the fused screen design, which limits your options and may even prevent the IPS upgrade from being viable.

denizramadanov will be eternally grateful.