Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

How can I change picture too big for screen?

Words on screen are incomplete, such as- ords on screen are incomplete

The crawl on news channels only shows the top half. What should I do to set picture to fill screen and not exceed screen?

@yoohoo what model is your TV? what have you checked?

Most Helpful Answer

You could go to the settings menu then to picture. It should have a mode or size category. I doubt that your aspect ratio is off so you shouldn't adjust that setting. Also. The newer HD TV's have built in memory's for each cable port. So, if you changed what ever was plugged into the port you are using now, that would explain the changed picture size. You can usually go to the manufacturer web site and download a free cy of the user manual. He this solves you're problems.

If you have a TWC remote, press settings on your remote. A menu should appear. Use the left arrow that is near the top. Scroll the menu at the bottom of the screen to the left till you see high definition . A screen will appear one of the choices will be picture size. Use the blue select/ok button to select picture size. Another screen will appear and it will say zoom, normal and stretch . Scroll to normal and select it. This should solve your problem. Other cable companies remotes should be similar . You usually can do the same using your Tv remote. I hope this helps.

I have the same problem and have a comcast remote

Hi @hygo

If you have a set top box connecting to the comcast service have you checked the aspect ratio settings in there to see if they match what your TV screen is?

Yes. The picture is zoomed and i cant get it to normal.

Hi, @hygo

Just clarifying. I meant have you checked the aspect ratio setting (hopefully there is one in the one of the setup menus of the set top box) to see if it is set to normal, usually 16:9?

Not sure how to find it

Sharene Downing will be eternally grateful.