Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

What is causing these horizontal lines

I have a Samsung UE40D5520 Led TV

It has horizontal lines going across the top of the screen.

The lines are always present on tv video and pc.

The lines are on top of the test screen.

Adjusting the screen up or down the lines dont move.

Can you tell me what is causing this.

line fault

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/25j84yr.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/15xaia0.jpg[/IMG]

I have added some pics. Hopefully you can view them . If not let me know.

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

@mynameisstu horizontal lines are most often caused by a bad panel (failed GATE drivers or failed TAB). Not much a DIY'er can repair on that. Post some images of what your screen looks like so we can see what you see.

Hi. I have the same problem I have some pictures but i can`t seem to put them on this page.

@sidc what make and model is your TV and what do you see on your screen?

Hi we have a vertical and horizontal line on our Samsung 65" led smart tv please help it's only 20 days old!!! Many thanks

@cmcn01 if it is only 20 days old I would get this checked under warrantee. If that is going to problem than we can try to assist you further, but we would need your TV's model number etc.

Hi.

It's the connector. Simply.

But yea, maybe its the logic board that is broken. And Samsung is known for making tv's that break after a year or two, so your best bet, is to go buy a new one.

Well, hope it didn't make your day bad. But still, have a nice day cheers :)

Seriously, ilatitao? It's blah blah. Simply. But it may be this. Or maybe it's that. Oh wait... It's probably this. For Christ's sake, why even reply? Here's a proper answer. 9/10 times, it's a faulty panel. Those do not get repaired. You have a 1/10 chance of it being a loose connection. It's worth trying, but don't get your hopes up. Vertical or horizontal lines of death are called that for a reason. Really sorry bout your luck. I do recommend purchasing an LG or Magnavox over a Vizio, Samsung or Sony, and whatever you do, don't buy an Element or the really cheap Walmart off-brands. You may as well go to the ATM, withdraw $500 and give it to the guy at the overpass that's flying a kite for beer money.

Bad connection at bottom on panel. One of the two ribbon connectors isn't home properly

If you put your TV on your credit card, most offer no charge, extended warranties as a perk. My LG display died 1 year and 1 month after I purchased it, I contacted my Citi Bank credit card and they picked up the cost of the repairs. It might be worth checking out, most people don't even realize the perks offered through their credit cards.

Stuart Black will be eternally grateful.