The Nikon D300 is a serious pro DSLR introduced in 2007, and is now available used for fraction of its original cost.

The camera is not turning on

The camera has been working fine since purchase in 2007. But battery's now exhaust in the camera over night. But I hope somebody could help with this one. My real problem is now the camera is not turning on all. Any possible solutions?

Are any lights on?

Find a good battery and try again. Also check the chamber inside of the CF card; there may be some pins shot to ground.

I have the same battery drain thing with my D300. I just remove the battery when not in use. Had it looked at by a camera technician, beyond economical repair. I'm thankful it still works :-) Like the man before me said, find a known good battery & see.

Thanks very much for your help. It is really appreciated. I know for sure it's not the battery I think there is something wrong with the camera itself. It just doesn't come on, no response.

John will be eternally grateful.