Parts & Tools

The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

iPhone no sound, black screen, no vibration when plugged in

I dropped my iPhone and it has a black screen, doesn't make any sound, doesn't vibrate when plugged into the charger. But when i plug it into iTunes it recognizes my phone and it shows that my phone can still charge. DO you guys thin my screen and digitizer is broken or my logic board. Like when i plus it into my computer, my computer makes a sound instead of the iphone, and when i hold power and home when plugged into the comp for 10 sec, it makes another sound.

So i woke in the morning to found out that my iphone x that's on the charger won't turn on , i tried pressing the power button it won't turn on , i tap on the screen it won't work. then i following the force resting steps and it's didn't work and i plug it up to the computer and the iTunes doesn't show up ,what should i do now ?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

might be stuck in recovery

try using the mute switch to see if it vibrates when switching.

if it vibrates then its a screen issue. if not then its in recovery.

it doesn't vibrate

does itunes say its in recovery or does it say the entire phone info like normal? if its normal then the phone might be disabled or some how the vib is not working.

how can i exit on the recovery mode?

recovery mode will automatically restart to normal operation after period of time reboot on its own. but you can always hold power and home to do a normal restart that will start a normal boot sequence.

I have the same problem!

after a very very small stroke the screen turned black, no sound, no vibration. but itunes recognizes it but I can not access it because I can not put the pin and make a backup. do you think you disconnected the connector? the technician told me the faulty display. But the vibration and the sound that do not work? are all connected to the screen???!

thank you

Hi I have iPhone 7 plus as same problem. Did you solve that problem?

Please tell me how.

Thank you so much!

I am wondering the same thing. I think usually if the screen is bad the vibrator and sound still work. I am very confused on mine. No drops. No water damage.

Good morning, how did you solve the problem?

I have had the same problem after replacing the battery on iPhone SE. I thought the new battery was bad, but when I plug it in iTunes starts backing up and syncing like normal and show the battery charging.

I have done a lot of iPhone repairs and I cannot figure out if I did something wrong or if I just had really bad timing.

muning will be eternally grateful.