Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Touch Screen not responding

I have an IPhone 6 Plus and the touch screen does not work. Not able to swipe the screen to get into the Phone. I tried rebooting hundreds of times and also have restored the device back to factory settings. What do I need to replace to fix this?

Did you try to do reset by pressing the buttons power and home for 10 seconds ?

If this does not work, I think it's a display problem.

here is the guide to replace : iPhone 6 Plus Front Panel Replacement

I tried that at least 100 times. Still same result.

Your iPhone is the latest update ?

Is it to suffered a shock ?

Yes it has the latest update.

It has not suffered a shock. No cracks or damage. Touch screen has been acting up for months and finally does not respond to touch at all.

Ok, I'm sorry but you have to change the display,the touch to stop working.

If there had been a shock, the touch connector could have this disconnect.

Ok thank you for the information. I will get that changed.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi there,

I had an Iphone 6 plus (model LL/A) with the same problem as you are.

I don't know exactly the mistake was come from firmware or hardware. However, as my experience now, i think it is caused by firmware.

When this problem happen to me, the iphone was at IOS 9.3.3, i tried to shake, lock and open screen, restart, press on some edges of the iphone even bang it softly then the screen respond correctly some times but this problem happen more frequent and i could't used the screen although i tried all above actions.

Then, I called to the Customer care of Apple, they asked me to bring my iphone to the care center for checking and fix. Because my iphone was jailbroken, i had to restore its firmware. I restored to IOS 9.3.5 due to IOS 9.3.3 was signature closed.

After the restoration, my Iphone 6 Plus worked very well in 1 or 2 days before the problem came again. This time, I tried my luck with IOS 10 (14A5346a). And boom, my Iphone have been well since last Wednesday 7th Sept.

I would like to share this with you and all technicians of ifixit.com with the hope for a completely cure to our Iphone. Apple has been revoked us, we have to help ourselves.

Hope this can help many people in the world.

(Please don't charge for fixing this problem by my shares)

This is my original post: iPhone screen flicker and touch is not working

I recently had repaired an iPhone 6 plus with a non responsive touch screen. I tried replacing the display and the new display did not respond to touch either. I then tried restoring the phone with no success. I did a little research and found the solution to the problem. For me it was definitely hardware related. This is the article that helped me out. https://ifixit.org/blog/8309/iphone-6-pl...

The customer said at some point they did see the grey bars on the display. When they brought it to me the gray bars were not present. I noticed that if I bent the back casing in just the right area the touch screen would respond to touch. So after reading the article I mentioned, I started thinking it had to be cracked solder joints on the touch ICs. I then decided to reflow both touch ICs and even the digitizer connection on the motherboard with my hot air rework station. This did get the touch screen working properly again. I did not have all the tools at the time to remove, reball, and replace the touch IC. I do suggest having the IC replaced or at least reballed with new solder. Reflowing the IC may fix it for you but in time the solder joints may become week and crack again or they may not if your lucky. So you may want find a repair shop that can actually replace ICs on the motherboard if you do not have the tools or knowledge to do it yourself. You can try reflowing the ICs too, just keep in mind it will likely be more of a temporary fix compared to removing and reballing the ICs with new solder.

wilkie262000 will be eternally grateful.