Smaller version of the original iPad Pro. Released March 31, 2016. Features a 9.7" display, A9X processor, and 32/128/256 GB storage options. Available in Silver, Space Grey, Gold, and Rose Gold.

How to Erase disabled Ipad thats not connected to Wifi

Hey, I recently got a ipad pro for my birthday, and I hadn't really set anything up all I did was create an apple account and set up touch security. The day after I tried to use my ipad but my finger was not recognised and i'd forgotten the passcode i'd used as I set it up late, so the ipad told my to connected to itunes and erase the data. But my ipad is not connected to the wifi and I have tried to access my icloud but says my acount is not connected to a device, and I have tried to pull the lower tab to connect wifi but theres not tab and i'm really confused on what to do next and I dont really want to have to pay for someone to fix it, but i will as a last resort, and advice is helpful

I found a 2nd hand iPad mini,off the street me,,how do I reset this device so I can use it

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Turn off iPad. Hold home button while connecting the iPad to a computer.

It will show iTunes logo to show recovery mode. Make sure you have iTunes installed.

Open up iTunes and it will notify your iPad is in recovery mode. Restore the iPad when prompted.

It will download the system firmware and the iPad will kick itself out of recovery once because the download takes some time and the iPad only stays in that mode for like 5 minutes if it's not being restored or upgraded in recovery mode.

So if it kicks out of recovery mode you need to put it back into that again by doing the same steps. Do not unplug the iPad during restore or upgrade. Especially when it shows the loading icon or bar.

I went to the apple website and it didnt help but this actually helped me thank you so much!

I have been struggling for months to fix my disabled iPad after kids tried wrong passcode too many times. I did above solution and the entire updating of software l-o-n-g process, it installed / verified etc. the update but when it turned on again, another message saying "iPad disabled, try again after 1 hour". Anyone else experienced this and what to do now, i.e. after the recovery mode and update process already done?

Disabled iPad requires you to restore the device via iTunes not update it as it will keep the screen lock on it.

If you do remember the passcode you can alternatively wait an hour and enter it in.

We also have another method to unlock iPad without password without restore and without iTunes, in this situation, we should ask for one tool to help us unlock iPad without password . Connect your iPad to computer, follow the guide of Eelphone iPhone Unlock, just in clicks, you finish to unlock a locked iPad.

I am grateful for this answer

Amazing. I’ve spent two weeks trying to get out the loop my daughter created with locking her iPad and having WiFi off. And we use a separate Apple ID which I couldn’t remember. What a mess! Thank you!

When I hold the home button and connect it - mine only goes back to the disabled screen and not the recovery or whatever it is. I can’t get mine to even show it’s connected to itunes - gah…help!!

Same issue here! Following! cannot get itunes to recognize, update or restore. icloud cannot erase unless it connects to the internet which it can't do because it's disabled.

Same here! Holding the button down does NOT bring up an iTunes logo, only the Apple icon followed by the disabled screen. Someone please help!

Thank you so much for this! It is the only thing I could find that fixed my problem!

this worked when nothing else would. Thank you so much!

i can not connect to wifi have the connect to itunes bit up but as I have no wifi connection it will not update and restore help please

This was extremely helpful for me. I was attempting passwords and eventually left my iPad idle because of the frustration of not getting it to unlock. Going to the store meant time and $. Thanks for the great walk through

ThomasDCornwell will be eternally grateful.