Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

How do I fix my liquid damaged Xbox One?

Two weeks ago, I spilled 2/3 of a cup of washing up liquid into the the top fan of my Xbox One (don't ask how). Since than I have contacted Xbox Support and have read multiple forum threads saying you should let nature take its course (basically wait and see).

Things I have tried:

• The rice thing
  • Putting it under a fan for 24 hours
  • Tilting it to the left for 18 hours

Although many recommend to teardown your console and clean it from the inside, I personally do not wish to take apart anything like this, and yes I can go to Repair Shops to fix it, but you see I am trying my absolute best not to spend any money because of Project Scorpio (ofcourse).

Please any advice or tips on how to fix my Xbox One will be most indeed helpful. If you wish to recommend me Repair Shops; make sure their in Birmingham, United Kingdom.

Thanks.

What is the "Rice Thing"? I'm just wandering

Look It Up On YT

Thank you, i just spilled a lot of water on my xbox 1 S and was VERY scared and thought all my files would be gone again. I turned my xbox on the side and put a hair dryer on a good warmth.

well try getting a new plug, the graphics will be crap but if you get a new one the fumes of the liquid will not disturb the plug. also put upside down for around 1 hour and then get a hair dryer and dry it. if its dried then leave for a few mins to calm down till its cold like room temperature (what ever).

It should work....

@zohaibkeyani first off "The rice thing" absolutely bogus. Does not do anything other than give you a false sense of doing something. Forget the rice altogether. You will have to disassemble your xbox and clean it properly. Use these guides to work on it. Then clean your parts with high grade (90%+) isopropyl alcohol. That means all parts. Once done reassemble and evaluate for any failures. For further help with this I'd suggest you contact the console guru on here. Yes we all like to spend as little money as possible, but if you do not fix this now it will cost you much more later on.

Hey what about 70% alcohol? Will that work?

@meagercode nope. 70% still has 30% water. It will take much longer to evaporate and will evaporate a disproportionately large percentage of its alcohol, leaving the remainder with less and eventually leaving only water behind.

I'm not sure how much liquid you spilled but you'll likely want to do as @oldturkey03 says and disassemble it and clean it and remove any and all corrosion. Then let it dry 100% and put it back together and try it.

What if it is distilled water.

Does not evaporate quickly enough.

In my case I spilled a glass of water in the fan vent on the top of the Xbox which goes directly inside it and I took apart the Xbox dried it out let it dry by itself for about 10 hours and then which they say don't do it because you can push water into places it doesn't want to be but I mean if it's already there what's the difference you know so I took a blow dryer and I taped a piece of paper on the button that keeps the air cool cuz you don't want it hot you don't want to melt any of the solder points or anything inside the Xbox so I made it so the blow dryer is blowing out cool air and after I did this for about an hour won't even the vent with a blow dryer the Xbox seem to work and turn on fine when it did not 2 hours before so I would try blow drying it dry cuz it's probably just a wire or something like that that short-circuiting you don't want to have a surgery or anything like that and blow anything up you know so I would try that and if that doesn't work I might be something stupid like a graphics card needs to be replaced but if drying it with a blow dryer does work even if it does work I wouldn't try it a little longer just to make sure that all the water is out before you go playing it again

i spilled water threw the top where the fan is and i unplugeed everything immediatly do you think i could just use a fan over top of it for an hour since i dont own a blow dryer

I spilled a cup of water on my xbox and it doesn't stay on for up to 10 minutes, what do I do plssss, I want to play FIFA

Can I just use a fan over it instead of a blow dryer and is it a must that I use alcohol

Zohaib Keyz will be eternally grateful.