Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

How do I fix my liquid damaged Xbox One?

Two weeks ago, I spilled 2/3 of a cup of washing up liquid into the the top fan of my Xbox One (don't ask how). Since than I have contacted Xbox Support and have read multiple forum threads saying you should let nature take its course (basically wait and see).

Things I have tried:

• The rice thing
  • Putting it under a fan for 24 hours
  • Tilting it to the left for 18 hours

Although many recommend to teardown your console and clean it from the inside, I personally do not wish to take apart anything like this, and yes I can go to Repair Shops to fix it, but you see I am trying my absolute best not to spend any money because of Project Scorpio (ofcourse).

Please any advice or tips on how to fix my Xbox One will be most indeed helpful. If you wish to recommend me Repair Shops; make sure their in Birmingham, United Kingdom.

Thanks.

What is the "Rice Thing"? I'm just wandering

@zohaibkeyani first off "The rice thing" absolutely bogus. Does not do anything other than give you a false sense of doing something. Forget the rice altogether. You will have to disassemble your xbox and clean it properly. Use these guides to work on it. Then clean your parts with high grade (90%+) isopropyl alcohol. That means all parts. Once done reassemble and evaluate for any failures. For further help with this I'd suggest you contact the console guru on here. Yes we all like to spend as little money as possible, but if you do not fix this now it will cost you much more later on.

Hey what about 70% alcohol? Will that work?

@meagercode nope. 70% still has 30% water. It will take much longer to evaporate and will evaporate a disproportionately large percentage of its alcohol, leaving the remainder with less and eventually leaving only water behind.

I'm not sure how much liquid you spilled but you'll likely want to do as @oldturkey03 says and disassemble it and clean it and remove any and all corrosion. Then let it dry 100% and put it back together and try it.

What if it is distilled water.

Does not evaporate quickly enough.

Hey so my boyfriend spilled soda in his Xbox one today... Do you think there's still a slight chance that he can still fix it with them same steps?

by like any chance??

I just want to say I'm the owner of the Topic question, its been a year and I have it dead in my house. I brought a PS4. This may knock confidence of fixing it but I didn't try hard enough to fix it. I wouldn't suggest trying yourself unless you're a electronic, just take it to nearby local electronic shop. I advise a non official as they tend to be much cheaper.

My baby brother spilled a little water on my Xbox one by little I mean little and i shut is off cleaned it up and turned it back on but it turns right back off please help

Zohaib Keyz will be eternally grateful.