Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Can I use the iPhone display without original Home button?

I am a new mobile service Person. Like to create a LCD Display testing environment . When I purchase LCD Displays from the supplier, i like to test these screeens in my test environment before installing it in my Customer's phone. I have already tried LCD testers (from China), but they are not reliable. So i am purchasing a used iPhone 6, remove the original Display, extend the Flex cable. With this Setup , i like to test new iPhone 6 LCD Displays everytime. but my question is , should i put my original home button to the new Display everytime ? or just fine operating the iPhone with the new Display without the home button ? I don't like to lock my iPhone due to Touch ID Problems. Please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Home button is not needed to test iphone lcd.

but be careful to move parts from broken lcd to new one. Home buttons is the important one, cause when you broke it, no home button can change the touch id.

One iphone for one touch ID chip.

except you can solder it to new home button from tearing your old home button. (there is touch id chip on it. so don't throw it when you broke it)

Most Helpful Answer

Home button isn't required to use the phone.

PJP will be eternally grateful.