The Canon EOS 60D is a 18 MP DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) camera with an articulating LCD screen. The camera was released August 2010 and is identified by the EOS 60D printed on the front of the camera.

Canon EOS 60D won't switch on

My Canon EOS 60D is about 10 months old. Can't get it to switch on - have fully charged the battery but it just flashes empty. Bought a second battery same thing.The battery door closed, tried with lens on and off, still nothing.

Any ideas?

Most Helpful Answer

When you say "flashes empty" is that the flashes on the charger? If it's blinking slowly on multiple batteries then it isn't charging them correctly. If something is showing up on the camera screen when you switch it on, then I think you can rule out the battery door as the problem. If I recall, the camera won't do anything if the door isn't shut properly. Look and make sure the contacts for the battery inside the camera's battery slot is clean and has no corrosion issues.

hi i've the same problem as well ,i believe is the door sensor .if i just place the battery in it will not flash but once i close the door it start to flash and I'm still looking for and answer.

It sounds like your door is working correctly. When you close the door it changes the state (no light to blinking light) which means the camera is detecting the door was closed. This moves you more towards it being another issue in the camera.

Basta will be eternally grateful.