Fourth generation of iPad, released November 2, 2012, available in Wi-Fi, CDMA, and GSM models with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage.

Ipad Display dim on one side after Glass Replacement

I just completed a repair of my mom's iPad 4 - The display was cracked so I replaced the digitizer and plastic ring around the outside. Part of the black dust strip was ripped so I peeled some of of it off on the lcd screen itself. Once assembled the display is dimmer down almost half the screen exactly. Is this because the black fabric / foam dust strip is removed or what else might it be?

Hey @jeremy, you'll probably have to replace the LCD connector or the board of the iPad. One of the backlight filters probably became shorted out after the replacement. Here's one tutorial you can follow for fixing the issue.

-Let me know how it goes

Thanks for the feedback - I'll look into this.

Cool keep me updated.

Fixed - I disassembled the ipad again - disconnected the LCD cables - cleaned them and reseated them. That restored the backlight. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Glad it wasn't more serious as noted in the video.

Awesome! I'm glad I could help :)

jeremy will be eternally grateful.