The third generation of the DJI Phantom series released in April 2015.

Controller battery won't charge

The battery in the controller won't accept a charge. When I plug in the charger I can turn the controller on, but it won't charge, even when left plugged in for hours. Also, when plugged in and turned on, the red light next to the four white lights is illuminated. I'm guessing the battery is bad. How do I replace the battery?

I have the exact same problem. I have only used it once!!

I'm in the same boat however, mine will flash the one led for a few moments and then will stop.

Same problem with my phantom 4 RC. Send to repair, happen again after 1 month.

Most Helpful Answer

Just wanting to know PS, XBox, Nintendo Wii etc... and when it is plugged in, does the controller work normally when it is plugged in? Can you play if controller is plugged in?

Yes. Does this mean it is simply a bad battery?

I found that you have to push the charging cable in VERY far. Much farther than you think. Mine wouldn't charge either - then I realized it was NOT in far enough. If you're 100% sure it's all the way in and isn't charging then I can't help you with this 'simple' fix. Good Luck.

Controller battery no longer charge. Should I buy a new controller? Bought my drone in late November 2016

Charlie Gaines will be eternally grateful.