Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Thin red line on TV screen

I have samsung UA37D5000 tv. There is thin vertical red line appearing in TV. When I called up the local samsung service guys to check, they said they have to replace the panel and costs almost 23K. I don't believe in their words. Will you be able to tell if it's the real panel issue or some board issue.

If I have to open the TV, it would be helpful to have a teardown guide for my TV.

Attached the picture of the red line on the screen.

Rajesh

I have same issue

karenggivens same TV? Same issues? If so then it is the same answer. TAB error.

I have 40" Samsung Curved LED TV. I have the same problem. Vertical line is approx one feet from left side and stationary. Please suggest.

I have the same problem. I check the tabs, applying pressure where the red vertical line originated but it did not solve the red line problem. What else could it be?

so ii have to dismount the back from the tv ???

Rajesh Ravindran this sounds like a TAB error. You need to let us know which direction the line goes (horizontal vs. vertical. Take the back off and see if you can see the flat ribbon cables that go into the LCD panel. Apply some pressure on those cables at the place where the line originates from. If that changes the line you know that it is a TAB error. Sometimes applying that pressure is enough to fix it before replacing it. Take some pictures of what your TV looks like with the back off so that we can show your were the tabs should be. Also post an image with the TV on so we can see that line. Use this guide for that.

Rajesh Ravindran yes Sir that is a Tab error. You'll have to remove the back of your TV and see where the flat ribbon cables enter the top of the LCD panel. Put some pressure on that cable and you should see the line disappear. LEt us know what you find. If you are unsure take pictures and post with your question so we can help you further.

Thanks a lot...It worked...You saved my Rs 23,000

sir i have HCL 15.5" monitor model-Y156W. i have same problem one vertical thin red line is come in my screen plz solve my problem

I have a Samsung un75ju7100f with this red vertical as mentioned above. Could this be a Tab Error also. Would like to know before I remove the back of my tv. Thanks in advance!

@teaba99er yes it could and most likely is a tab error.

We have a 52” Samsung 1080 HP flat screen tv with a thin red vertical line and a little thicker purplish-red vertical line. Do you think tab or panel? I tried to find a light background so you could get a good view. Thank you!

Hello. I had the same issue a few years back with my Samsung tv. After taking the back panel and trying to also find the source of the problem, i watched a YouTube video with a man that just tapped the rear top of the tv were the lines where somewhat hard and the lines disappeared. So i did the same and they went away till this day.

I hope this helps.

I have the same problem , only it was a red vertical line and I tapped the bottom like I watched on you tube and now have 3 lines instead of the red one , can anyone help

I changed the screen.. That's the only solution.

Rajesh Ravindran will be eternally grateful.