My Starbucks Barista Expresso machine is blowing the GFI?

My Starbucks Barista Expresso machine is blowing the GFI???

Just started - can I repair or scrap it???

Thanks!!!

Vic

Hi Vik, It depends. If the problem started when you were descaling the machine, that can cause the GFI to trip. Too much descaling chemical can cause the heating element to short to the boiler/frame, which then trips the FGI. The solution in this case is to replace all the water in the reservoir with clean filtered water, then plug the machine into an outlet that is NOT GFI protected, and run the water through to clean out the descaling chemical. Be sure to use a properly grounded 3-prong outlet to do this. If there is an actual problem with current leaking to ground, it would be dangerous to run the machine without it being properly grounded.

If this procedure doesn't resolve the problem, you may need to replace the heating element. It's not the only thing that could be shorted to ground, but it's the most likely.

Vic Dvorak will be eternally grateful.