Water Damage - No Power
My girlfriend's iPhone took a swim in saltwater for about 30 seconds. After realizing it was immediately taken out and surprisingly still working. It was not powered off immediately like it should have been. Shortly after it being out of the water it turned itself off. We did not try and power it back on. We got home about four hours later and after doing some research I found that it was best not to let it dry or corrosion could set in. I bathed it in fresh water and unfortunately it decided to try and power on while doing this. The apple logo came on and the screen went on and off about four times before shutting off permanently. I'm afraid that some serious damage was done here. I should have removed the battery before running fresh water over it but I did not plan on going that far at the time. After running fresh water over it the phone started making a sizzling noise and got really hot. I knew I had to get the battery out of there. I quickly looked up the instructions and was able to get the battery disconnected. The sizzling noise immediately stopped. After removing the battery I went to the store to get alcohol and bathed the phone in it. After about 24 hours we tried to power the phone on and it did not work. We connected it to a macbook and iTunes recognised it as an iPhone but said it needed to be updated or restored. We tried update but it did not work and said it needed to be restored. We did not try restoring as we have a lot of photos on there we are concerned about. I let it sit for another two days and now it's completely dead. iTunes doesn't recognise it or anything. Will the phone power on with a bad battery if it is connected with a cable? Could a new battery resolve my issue or is my phone likely dead? I saw no corrosion in the phone but I'm afraid when I ran fresh water over it I short circuited something important. Thoughts?
Is this a good question?