The Asus Transformer Pad TF103C is a 10.1 inch Android hybrid tablet released in June 2014. It is specifically for entertainment use with wifi ability.

Touch screen not working

I'm having issues with my Asus tablet running Android Lollipop. For the past few months, the touchscreen would stop working momentarily, then everything would come back to normal after a few restarts. It was more likely to happen when the tablet was charging though. At some point I found a weird hack that was plugging the tablet for a second every time it happened.

Now for the past few days, this would work and the tablet is now useless without its keyboard. I've read on some forums that the Battery Saver app could be the cause. Indeed I noticed a bug with it because every time the tablet was charging I would get a notification saying that an app was drawing too much power, but the Battery Saver app would crash every time I tried to open the notification.

Last night, I disabled the power saving mode and rebooted the tablet (as suggested in the forums) but it didn't do the trick.

This morning, I tried to reset the tablet both via the settings menu and recovery mode, but then touch screen is not working. I also tried to "swipe cache partition" but none of this would work.

Is there anything else I could try? I'm not sure if it's a hardware or a software issue, but as far as I remember the tablet has not received any impact in particular and there's no scratch at all on the screen.

See my message in one of the other threads about the same issue, same model

do you have a link to that?

Why won't my touch screen work

Sorry for late reply, Ifixit didn't inform me about your question. You can always click on a user's icon to see their contributions

I have exactly the same problem, did you find a solution? thanks in advance.

No, and this will make me think twice before buying other Asus products.

I just found in another post that the digitizer cable can come loose or detached from heat

No, it"s definitely a software issue. I'm able to use it after I play with the charger (plug/unplug/sleep/wake)

Only if you can replicate both the problem and the way to fix it, you can be sure that it's (in your case) either a hardware or a software problem. There are people who have a dead touchscreen each time after wake up from sleep and revive it using a cold reboot.

In my case such a solution or for example draining and recharging the battery sometimes seem to work... but more likely it's simply the mechanical handling (laying down, closing screen on keyboard, connecting, disconnecting that might or might not accidentally make or break the delicate loose connection . Because in my case it does work 100% of the time to open the back and press the flatcable firm into its slot. It keeps coming loose from time to time so perhaps I should fixate it , hot glue or so?

I've seen other people mentioning this issue on other forums. I'll try flashing the tablet again and see how it goes. Again, I'm 99.999% it's a software issue. Even the Windows version of the tablet has this, but it's easier to fix (with a few tweaks in the Windows settings that unfortunately Android doesn't have).

I also found this issue with a TF103C tablet. I opened the case and re-seated the screen pig-tails and the screen became fully responsive. Then some time later the screen was again unresponsive. I'd read that a static buildup on the screen can cause the screen to become unresponsive so I opened the back but this time just touched the screen pigtail connector rather than re-seating the connector. Again the screen regained its touch control. I think there's something to the static build-up theory and will use that fix in the future.

Is there a tutorial or something on how to open it? I'm not really comfortable with it, how hard is it for someone who has never opened a tablet or a phone?

Interesting​. Can you show the cable to play with? Is it easy to reach? Thanks

where the finger points

So should I just touch it?

Well, I swapped in a digitizer/screen (unplugged the old one and plugged in a new one that I left on the desk) and it made no difference on mine

Hello.

I fixed this by:

a) Powering off

b) Opening the back cover

c) Disconnecting the battery for about 10 secconds

d) Re-connecting the battery

e) Restarting.

Thanks.

BC

Andre will be eternally grateful.