Repair guides and support for Panasonic's Viera line of televisions.

My Panasonic tiera tv blinks 7 times

My Panasonic tiera tv blinks 7 times . I just tried the unplug trick. left it off for 5min . No luck.What does the 7 blink mean?

Most Helpful Answer

maryloudicarlo for Panasonic in general the cause for 7 blinks are usually:

Driver SOS2

(SU/SD Connector DET)

(SU/SD Scan and Logic IC)

Most likely an an SU/SD fault but could also possibly be a loose board connector, or a mis-seated connector leading to the panel. Check those. For more in depth information you do want to give us your complete model number.

model number is TC-P50GT30. Tried holding the power button for 60 sec, and the power and volume together. Hear it click on, but blinking starts again. Is it cheaper to buy a new one since I can't fix it myself??

@planejane why can't you? A replacement SC board will be around $150USD. There are also repair kits out for that board, since it has common failed components, for about $30 but this will require soldering. Replacement cost for your TV is about $1500USD. So I would definitely think about fixing it. Remember that you joined a forum where people do not mind helping you out. welcome to ifixit.

Same problem model number TC-P42S30

maryloudicarlo will be eternally grateful.