Wont charge past 85%

I have an iPhone 6s plus that wont charge past 85% no matter what i do. The story is this was a perfectly good working phone and i removed the battery to test it out another 6s plus that was having a bigger issue. when i put this back together I soon noticed it would not charge past 85%

List of stuff I've tried.

3x different iPhone 6s plus battery's

Different charging ports

Different cables and chargers

resets

looking at battery connector under microscope, (looks perfect to me)

When i put an already 100% charged battery in it says 100% and seems normal at first yet after just a little use it drops to 85% and wont charge past.

also tried draining the battery to 0 and charging it up again yet it stops at 85%

Any idea's or suggestions would be great!

I'm having the same problem with a battery I purchased from ifixit. I replaced it yesterday and drained the phone till it powered itself off. Then I charged it overnight to 100%. Today it never dropped below 99%. Finally I decided something was wrong so I rebooted. Then it said it was at 55%. Shortly after that it rebooted and continues to reboot. I pulled the phone apart again and inspected both connectors under a microscope but I don't see any damage or indication they were improperly mated. There are no exposed components near the connector I could have damaged.

Worst part is there wasn't anything wrong with the battery. I needed a new Taptic Engine but I decided if I'm already going through the trouble of opening the phone up I might as well replace the battery too.

This is a faulty battery problem. Even though you replaced the battery 3 times, you have probably ordered a bad batch of batteries from eBay. Order higher quality battery. I had the same problem.

Yes I found a 4th non oem battery that worked, maybe I just had a batch of bad batteries, thank you for your tip

Yeah it's pretty annoying when this turns out to be the case. Had a bad batch on iPhone 5 and 4s.

Most Helpful Answer

Did you check the small little components near the battery connector? You might have chipped one or more off when disconnecting the battery for the first time.

Thanks for the comment, I added a picture of it under a microscope, i don't see anything missing but let me know if you do

computerhutsales will be eternally grateful.