Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Why does my sync button not click and work?

I tried to sync my controller and pressed the sync button on the console , and it feels as if it's missing a piece behind the sync button. It also presses farther down than normal.

When you say presses further down do you mean towards the front of the console?

Well the button is on the side so I don't see how it would move towards the front.

But normally when you press the sync button it doesnt go in much further in than a couple of millimeters but my doesn't stop it from going further and easily lets you press down about a good half inch and feels as if nothing is behind it.

Sounds like you may be missing the little black piece that fits behind the eject button. If you pry off that side cover you can see if it's there. It will be a small black piece that slides in on rails that will be kind of a triangle shape. It sits right behind that button to give you something to push against.

Any idea where I can get one cause mine is missing

Maybe keep an eye on Ebay...people usually post random stuff like that there.

kajiji in CAN or ebay everywere else

when I had this experience I had to buy another ENTIRE shell. couldn't find just the part.

I don't get it I was trying to connect my wireless controller to my Xbox one and when I pushed the sync button nothing happened. The little animation of the Xbox one power button didn't flicker like its sopossednto do

Im having this same problem. Xbox worked fine for months but recently the light doesnt flicker and my controllers rarely connect wirelessly.

Braxton Davis will be eternally grateful.