The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Phone reboots occasionally after LCD replacement

Just replaced the LCD/digitizer assembly in an iPhone 5c. After re-assembling the phone, it seems the phone reboots every 15-30 minutes. Nothing else seems wrong. Phone works fine after it reboots. LCD and digitizer working fine.

Battery was disconnected during the LCD replacement. I going to re-open it, clean and re-seat the connectors.

Any other ideas?

Unplug front camera ribbon cable and see if it still happens. Try what you said first before doing so.

But if it works fine with it unplugged then you probably need to replace front camera assembly.

And yes faulty LCDs can cause this but in your case highly unlikely in my opinion.

Thanks Ben,

I may have found my mistake. I think that I may have put one of the 1.6mm screws in one of the 1.3mm screw positions (noobie error).

I don't know how I did this since I laid out the screws nicely when I dis-assembled the phone the first time. But I noticed 1 out of place when I dis-assembled it the second time.

I still went ahead and cleaned the connectors (battery, camera, LCD) - no luck. I tried the original LCD (no camera cable) - phone still kept rebooting. The phone now reboots almost exactly 2:25 minutes after completing the previous reboot.

Live and learn, I guess.

remove and replace your battery and then flash your Iphone 5c. That worked for me.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I didn't/don't have a replacement battery for the 5c. I did flash the phone, but no luck. I had to return the phone to the customer.

Doug will be eternally grateful.