Touch ID not working after screen replacement!

Hi everyone, I have iPhone 6 and my screen was broken after I replace it with a new one the touch ID stopped working.

when I go to "Touch ID & Passcode" it's looks like I have never set a touch ID before, when I try to make a new fingerprint it says " Failed, unable to complete Touch ID setup. Please go back and try again."

everything with the home button works.

I updated iOS and try to reboot iPhone

also I go back several times to check on the home button cable all is good.

Most Helpful Answer

If you get this message - " Failed, unable to complete Touch ID setup. Please go back and try again."

Then all you have to do is plug your phone into computer, once itunes is opened, put your phone in DFU mode and reset your phone. The phone must be in DFU mode.

Will dfu mode delete all my pics and everything??

Yes it will!

how do you put phone in DFU mode with itunes

Thank you much. It worked :D

Hi, Please I did not change my screen or anything close to that but I get the same error. Help pls

Did your replacement screen come with a new home button on it? If so, you need to transfer the original button back to the new screen. The home button and motherboard are "married" from the factory. If you change the home button, touch ID will cease to work. The rest of the functions will remain intact. I don't know why some suppliers preinstall new home buttons, it only creates problems. Used to worse though. If you dont believe me just Google "error 53."

no it's not, it's only a screen replacement all other parts is original. I'm afraid I broke home button connector, but the home button works fine except Touch ID

Try reseating the home button one more time

It worked like a charm bro

very very thankx

1.delete a finger configuration

2.turn off *iphone unlock

*itunes &App Store

3.Hard restart by home and wake up buttons...

bang

Id starts working

i had mine replaced too, it was iphone 6s. the guy didnt replaced the home button, but when i got mine after replacing it, says "Failed, unable to complete Touch ID setup. Please go back and try again." im starting to panic . my bf told me to just reset my phone maybe it will work. I pressed and hold the wake and home button together for 3 seconds until apple logo appears, didnt worked at first. after 8 hours, im still hoping it will work again so I tried for the second time and it worked ! :D it just takes a lot of patience to wait until it works again. try and try , but not waaaaaay to many times your phone might get rid of you . lol :)

i hope this one helps.

but i suggest never to let your screen replaced by third party.

Touch ID is paired with the board. You have to have apple pair your new Touch ID with the board or transfer your original Touch ID back. iPhone 6 Home Button Replacement

HI

Check that using wrong screws or not , there are 3 pics the shortest screws on the mainboard

Hey Ibrahim Alayaf, I have this issue before too and what I did was erase all contents and settings. After I reset settings. Please see here for instructions: http://www.technobezz.com/iphone-ipad-to...

hello some screen replacement for iPhone 5s to 6s plus the touch id work after 24hrs but if this not work maybe your screen not compatible with your touch id home button. i hope this would help you.

Hi Ibrahim,

have you solved this issue in the end? I too have the same problem.

hv the same problem it says couldnt complete setup

If your iPhone is iOS 10.3.2 and is showing u unable to setup Touch ID the only solution is to update it to IOS 10.3.3 believe me this worked perfectly for me

I have the same issue. I was deceived by a video on YouTube ‘how to change iPhone home button ring!’. I just tore down the home button so to change the ring from silver color to gold. After an attempt I just thought it might be dangerous! Then, I reassembled it and every part is intact, but shows the same message.

Score -1

The latest upgrade in IOS has appeared this bug, I hope they will fix it soon

Score -1

Ibrahim Alayyaf will be eternally grateful.