The Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), or simply the Super Nintendo, is a 16bit gaming console released by Nintendo in 1990. The Super Nintendo was one of the best sellers of its time and still has a large fanbase today.

Theres a slot on the bottom of the console whats it for?

On the bottom of my SNES console there is a slot for something but i have no clue what. it has a protective cover and on the cover is simply the letters EXT. I am guessing its for some type of extension....However since i do not have the orginal manual that came with my Nes when i received it when i was little i cant be sure and have yet to find any way to find out what its for or what purpose it serves...

Nothing. It was originally put in by Nintendo with the anticipation that something would go there as an add on later that they could sell. In Japan the only thing was the Stellaview but that never came to America. They later added Extention ports to the N64, again only in Japan this is the 64DD short for Disk Drive and didn't leave Japan due to it being a commercial failure. Other EXTention ports can be found on the Gameboy, Virtual Boy, and Gamecube. All with the idea of system connectivity and post-release peripherals.

To reiterate, it doesn't do anything. Not in NTSC anyway.

Was originally planed to have a cd console attached like the Sega cd. They first worked with Philips (giving us 3 zelda games and a mario game on the Phillips cdi), than they worked with Sony. Sony broke away and gave birth to the Sony PlayStation.

It is like Taylor Said ^ It was meant for a CD Expansion, or the Stellaview same reason most Nintendo Consoles have the same port except it was only really released in Japan and are extremely expensive. It was also meant for Nintendo Test Stations, since the disc drive nor Stellaview were released in the U.S. it's primary function became for the Nintendo Diagnostic/Test Stations.

They originally were working with Sony to produce a console that would utilize both cartridge and disc games, however when Nintendo decided to work with Phillips, for reasons that I will not go into detail for, they breached Sony's contract. Sony then later released the PlayStation with the slogan "PlayStation, It Only Does Everything!" it is also the same reason why some PlayStation commercials began with the commercials for Sega and Nintendo and led into theirs, that way they were able to show the consumer that they are better than Nintendo and SEGA.

I don't knowI don't know I might go to a trailer and I go to anything I have no idea where it might go to

I don't know when it might go to my go to a controller to Ennius a PS4 they give me anything I don't even know it might be

like the n64, might have been used for a disk drive.

drew will be eternally grateful.