Model A1312 / Mid 2010 / 3.2 GHz Core i3 or 2.8 & 3.6 GHz Core i5 or 2.93 GHz Core i7, ID iMac11,3

Broken LCD temp sensor connector on logic board

I own mid-2010 27” iMac

While attempting to do the HDD swap, I broke the LCD temp port that's attached to the logic board, and now the cable doesn't connect properly. As a result, the fan is going maximum. The sensor cable is fine, it's that port on the logic board that's broken.

What's the part number for this part and what would be the best way to fix this?

Please post picture of damaged area.

I will later tonight, but the connector on the logic board is broken, I accidentally pulled it while I was trying to remove the lcd panel. I think the cable is fine, but the connector is broken and the pin won't sit properly.

You might try just soldering the wires directly back onto the board. That should make things work again simply.

Yes, I'm gonna try that but I need to buy the replacement part because mine is broken.

Ji Woong Yu, Resolder the connector using my guide I developed for the fan connector:

I popped off the fan connection from the logic board...Fix?

For my tutorial on resoldering the fan connector, it's not too different. Take your time and follow my instruction.

hi billyjo182, thank you for the reference. I understand that I need to resolder the connector, but mine is broken and I need to get a replacement. Do you know where I can get the part?

Its the A1181 fan connector. Check eBay. They should not be that hard to locate.

Ji Woong You,

Did you find a solution to the broken connector?

I have the same issue.

I need the connector, 2 pin that mounts to the logic board and mates with the LCD temp sensor cable

here is the part number for the cable, but I need the mating connector part number(connector solders onto the logic board).

IDENTIFYING NUMBERS

Apple Part #:922-9623

Printed Part #:593-1229-A

thanks, Lonny

attach image of connector

Ji Woong You will be eternally grateful.