Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

My phone is taking screen shots everytime the Home button is pressed

My phone is suddenly takingn screenshots when the Home button ism pressed as well as suddenly closing.

Most Helpful Answer

This is a fault with the power/volume/mute flex invoking random presses. The only real fix for this is to have the flex replaced. I have done lots of these but it isn't a job for just anyone as it requires almost a complete teardown of the phone. However, the part is very cheap and if you know someone that can do the work it shouldn't cost much despite how big the job sounds. For someone that dissembles iPhones regularly it is a run of the mill job

I am also now getting a screen that has a "cancel" button at the bottom and "turn off this phone" slide feature tht has never shown up before. My phone just randomly takes a screen shot or has this cancel/slide off screen. Do you think its all related to you're original answer?

100% certain - that is the power button getting stuck in and therefore it shows the power off screen

When I say stuck in, that may not mean physically; it could well still press and you feel the click but the fault means the flex still sends the command that the button is being pressed, or it may not press/click because the button is actually physically stuck or it could be that the clicker on the flex is jammed in the pressed position

My phone is also doing this. If my dad found out I'd be in trouble is it safe to not get the flex fixed?

Phonesurgeon is totally right. It's power flex. No, you shouldn't. Even Apple would have a difficult time telling that. I mean I guess it depends on how obvious they make it

I have same problem with iphone 6 plus, never dropped and in case since day one. Consistently lock screen which makes difficult to use phone. I restored pone, erased all settings, removed cover.. installed latest IOS.. tried all possible solutions i can think of but it still exists.

Lisa will be eternally grateful.