Model A1225 / Early 2009 / 2.66, 2.93, or 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Socket P CPU upgrade

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/im...

Good morning everybody!

Is it possibile to upgrade my CPU - (socket P) E8335 2,93 Ghz Core 2 Duo on my old Early 2009 24" iMac?

Thanks very much for your support.

Kind regards

Stefano

Sadly, no. Intel made a series of custom CPU's for Apple so there is no drop in replacement other than the one's that came in this series of systems (iMac9,1).

Your CPU's specs: 2.93 GHz Core 2 Duo (E8335).

Here's a run down of what is related to your systems CPU: CPUs, related to Intel Core 2 Duo E8335. As you noted you have a Socket P chip so only the chips labeled as Socket P are possible and your systems TDP is limited to 35 Watts.

Thanks very much Dan for your prompt reply! I must buy a new iMac soon ;-) Kind regards.

Stefano

Instead of focusing on the CPU, have you looked at your RAM & Drive?

I would max it out to 8 GB and think about upgrading the drive to a SSHD if you want to get a few more years.

Sadly, the next generation of OS-X (now called MacOS) won't be supported on this system but it still has a few years running Yosemite or El Capitan!

The best hybrid drive for you system is this one: Seagate Desktop SSHD

Stefano Baldoni will be eternally grateful.