RCA Android tablet with detachable keyboard, identified by model number RCT6303W87DK.

screen presses buttons by itself

what is causing this? its phantom touches?

Has this tablet been dropped or repaired? It's definitely a touch issue with the digitizer itself. These issues can be software related, but they rarely are. Is there a warranty left on it by chance? I know a lot of repair shops that dont touch tablets like this because they are either not worth fixing since the repair may cost the same or more than a replacement or the parts are hard to find. If you have your data backed up, Id wipe the device and restore it to factory just as a last ditch effort.

I did reset it to factory condition and it did stop, but there is still a dead zone on the side that fits into keyboard. I don't use the keyboard except for a stand, so if I remove it I can flip it around and get around the dead zone. It's somewhat annoying but I can live with it.

Unfortunately, it does sound like a hardware failure. The good thing is you can work around it. I hope it doesnt get worse.

I have the same problem, with phantom touches,, quite annoying, i reset twice and problem repeats itself

i have a dead zone on one side also,

think i might just scrap it.... very disappointed , it is less than 2 months old

Susan Thomas will be eternally grateful.