The second generation Moto X (marketed as moto X) is an Android smartphone developed by Motorola Mobility. Released on September 5, 2014, it is the successor to the original Moto X released in 2013.

rear speakers not working after battery eplacement

I replaced my battery yesterday and let it charge overnight. This morning the rear speaker doesn't work. the head phone jack still works and I can still make calls and have no sound issues unless i use speaker phone. Can anyone provide a detailed fix with some pictures? thanks

Most Helpful Answer

I am facing the same problem. There was an article which mentioned that this is because of thickness of battery which impacts the speaker circuit.

I am looking for that article; will share the link once I find it.

Edit:

Found it!

https://plus.google.com/+BenSycha/posts/...

Rgds.

Pranav Mathur was correct. I replaced the battery on a phone and at that point I had no speaker. I looked carefully over every part of the phone to make sure I didn't rip or damage anything (It's rare, but it happens, lol). When I found nothing, I looked at the connections and squeezed the phone while it was on to see if I got any sound and sure enough, I did! The battery that I used to replace it was flat and the old one was curved and thinner. After shaving a little of the frame off (I actually used a wire cutter I had on hand and nipped pieces away) and bending the battery slightly, I had sound! Hope this helps! At least it confirms the prognosis of Pranav Mathur.

I can unfortunately only contribute what did not work. I also tried re-disassembling and working the battery, in my case It made no difference. I ended up putting the old battery back in and the speakers again worked. At least we can confirm that it has something to do with the battery and its size and shape.

ner Namez will be eternally grateful.