Small media streaming device that plugs directly into your TV's HDMI port. Originally released by Amazon in November 2014. The latest version comes with a voice-activated remote.

Why won't my fire stick remote work?

Amazon Fire Stick TV Remote

Hi babygizmo361,

If you could provide a few more details about your situation, we would be better equipped to help you out.

For example...

1. What fixes have you tried so far (i.e. Replace batteries or re-pair remote)?

2. Has the remote worked in the past, or is this an out-of-the-box problem?

3. Is the remote visibly damaged (i.e. Is smoke coming out of the remote :))?

Let us know and perhaps the community will have some more specific answers!

Happy fixing

Having similar issue. Lost my remote, so bought a new one. All the post I am seeing are to sync it while its at the home screen. But how can you get to the home screen without turning it on first with the remote?

fire stick is stuck on registering and wont come off of that screen. how can I fix that

I moved the firestick from 1 TV to another & can't get the remote to do anything on the TV i moved it to.

I changed the battery but when i try to pair it wont work it use to work when i got it last mouth

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

If you are sure the batteries are not the problem, it seems some Fire TVs and Fire Sticks forget their remotes so they need to be paired again.

Here is how to pair a remote again.

When you first turn on the Fire Stick, hold down the "HOME" button on the remote for 10-20 seconds, then release.

This will normally pair the remote with the Fire Stick/Fire TV.

If this doesn't work, there is an app for Android and iOS on their app stores that turns your phone/tablet into a remote.

Hi babygizmo361,

Sorry to hear your remote isn't working. Like David mentioned in the comments, we'll need a little more information about your problem to give you a specific solution. In the mean time, check out the troubleshooting page here for a list of possible causes and solutions.

Happy fixing!

-Kelsea

I've tried batteries, following instructions for remote issues and neither work

Also have a remote not working. Did all the above. Still not working. Turned my iPhone into a remote by downloading the amazon fire stick app. Works like a charm

Took a while but I found a way, download the app on playstore for your phone to use as a remote then go to settings using your phone and then click on controllers and blue tooth devices, click on Add new remote then hold down your home button for 10 seconds and it will discover your remote again then use your phone to add that remote by clicking on it and your remote is working again... as long as batteries are good!

Tried this it actually worked! Thanks, Danny. Be blessed!

You may need to pair your remote control again to do this hold the home button down for 10 secs ( whilst you are on the home screen ) until you see a notification , I hope this solves the issue .

Your Firestick is on, and you can see whatever screen is up in the Firestick on your TV....but your remote does not sync. Hold the home button for 30 seconds. Once you have done that, just turn your tv input back to TV, then turn it back to whichever HDMI connection it was on to see Firestick. Your remote should now be working. If not....replace the batteries and try this step again.

The batteries in my controller were dying so I changed them and then the remote stopped working. It couldn't be paired or anything. I found the old batteries in the trash and put them back in the controller, and it's working again. Perhaps this is a battery issue? We can only use amazon AAA's? It makes sense since amazon is the new ruler of the world.

My fire stick remote won't work I've only had my fire stick for a week my TV is stuck on hdmi1

Only way i got my 2 remotes to work is to remove the back and just roll the batteries in place. No need to remove them. Bad design

babygizmo361 will be eternally grateful.