Model CUH-ZCT1. Released in November 2013 by Sony Computer Entertainment, this six-axis, 3.7 V lithium ion battery controller is uncomplicated to repair.

My PS4 Controller is dead

My PS4 controller has suddenly died on me. It wont charge and it wont turn on. I replaced the battery but it is still non responsive.

I previously used it with my Xiaomi batter back with a USB type C cable with micro usb extension. I think that caused the problem.

any solution. I basically want to know which part do i need to replace for it to work again

It died on me but every time I charge it it vibrates

This happened to me. I thought it was the battery and also the Micro usb in put slot problem. I bring it to the support center and they said that the battery is okay and the micro usb slot is okay. It's dead and it's can't be fixed. I used my Samsung Galaxy S7 charger to charge my Dualshock 4 and it happened the next day so Please you guys out there, don't ever us any phone charger that has the out up ( fast charge ) that is higher than what the Dual-shock 4 controller require. It cause the board to burn I think and it won't ever charge again. not even alive while connecting to the USB. It's simply dead and You'll have to get another controller for 60$.

Well i was able to fix mine by changing the USB connector board and ribbon. Its easily available for 2 dollars on aliexpress. Just make sure you order the right one as there are 3 variants with different ribbon connectors .

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

I would double check the battery connection, if that's ok, I would then replace the motherboard. iFixit sells them, I have included the link to the part...

DualShock 4 Controller Motherboard and Midframe Assembly (JDM-011)

DualShock 4 Controller Motherboard and Midframe Assembly (JDM-011) Image

If the motherboard cost $38 then why not just buy a new controller

your USB port is most likely your problem. you can replace the entire board but the USB port can be fixed with some soldering experience.

I have exactly the same problem... because my battery was "dead" I decided to put it in charge with my Xiaomi power bank and suddenly my DS4 won't charge anymore !

I disasemble it and I hope it is just just the charging port/board but maybe you(or someone who knows) can confirm me ?

Thanks a lot ;)

If the DS4 no longer responds with the PS4 then more than likely it's broadcasting a normal Bluetooth signal. To remedy this, I suggest cracking the controller open and replacing the USB board/ribbon cable. And to answer another persons question as to why you'd just buy the motherboard, the motherboard at $38 is actually cheaper than a new controller, which costs about $65-70 each.

Haseeb Qamar will be eternally grateful.