Small media streaming device that plugs directly into your TV's HDMI port. Originally released by Amazon in November 2014. The latest version comes with a voice-activated remote.

How to open FireTV Stick remote

Any creative ideas for how to open the fireTV Stick remote when you first get it?

Most Helpful Answer

The two best options, as it turns out, are 1. Just pull really hard, or 2. Use a screwdriver to pry it open.

Here is a YouTube link that shows how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F__fFr7n...

Simple once you know how. Hold BOTH ends of the remote, squeeze both ends gently and slide forwards

I agree. Sometimes, the new plastic pieces have micro texture edges resulting from the fresh cutting from the making of the pieces that give it a bit of a grip against each piece to where you will need to use something that allows you grip it better, like rubber gloves, or even a rubber band. I too had serious trouble opening it the very first time. I used latex gloves to open mine once, after that I could open it easily with bare hands. If you put a rubber band on your thumb and push it open that way, my bet is that it will open for you.

Mitchel Szazynski will be eternally grateful.