2

richardtong
25

Unknown Rubber Piece from Teardown

When removing the Logic Board this rubber piece fell out and I have no clue where this piece belongs to. By the shape of it it appears to slip onto somewhere. Anyone know where this piece belongs?

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3851/...

5

memed
61

it was at the top of the logic board, where the L shape begins

4

Anthony
143

Sure....

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8572/...

This shows the piece installed.

Just fit it over the logic board. Its in the red rectrangle.

AJB

Edited by: Anthony ( )

Can you repost the photo?

Whexmix,

4

Anthony
143

It's not necessary for the function if the phone. It's simply to protect the screens cables from the edge of the phones logic board. A small piece of electrical tape over the edge would work just as good...

1

james
13

No that peice isnt the same as the pic he showed ive just stripped mine and it goes at the top where the barcode is to stop cables rubbing

0

Scott Head

I have taken the phone apart a couple of times and have not come across this part. It looks like it is maybe a structural piece that goes along the inner frame of the mid body. Chances are your phone is probably just fine without it.

0

Majid
1

I have the same here, small rectangular black rubber. does your iphone works perfectly ?

0

arkpinoy
1

i have the same thing here too and don't know what to do with that piece. seems to have come out when i took out the speaker section.

0

Anthony
143

Memed is correct - that piece of rubber protects the ribbon cables from edge of the logic boardso they dont crack.

0

arkpinoy
1

Thanks Anthony...is there a way you could illustrate how to install it?

0

arkpinoy
1

0

tamhoangngo
679

Peculiar, I've taken my iPhone 4 apart with the utmost care and have not ever noticed that little rubber piece. Wonders if mine is there at all. -Shrug- my two cents.

0

Suyoung
37

Is there a place where I could purchase that black piece? When I disassembled my phone, I saw some black piece fly out and I thought it was something else, so I didn't worry about it. Now I can't find the piece...

0

Quan Lin
25

this part is out of my iphone 4. i don't think it has anything to do with my iphone not being able to find any service though.

0

Paul Lyet
1

Haha.. Thank goodness I wasn't the only one. Googling "iPhone 4 lit" predicts "little piece" which I found more than amusing. Truthfully I didn't think I would find an answer but sure enough, right back at iFixit. Thanks so much for the photo Anthony. Much help..

0

john
1

i threw mine out because i had no idea where it came from ,now i keep loosing signal ???

0

Denver Morgan
1

It seems like not all of the phones have this part i did one today and it was not there and im very careful about being sure that i dont lose this part.

0

Jami Wimberly
1

Took my phone apart last night and this piece fell out. I reassembled without it, and now the screen doesn't work at all. Any chance this could be responsible? I know the phone is on because it vibrates when plugged in, and the voice command works, but nothing on the screen shows up.

I'm going to take it apart again and check for breaks in the LCD cable and put this piece back in. We'll see...

0

Cindy Rodriguez
43

here where the black rubber piece speaker of iphone 4s goes!

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/15256...