Wireless sport headphones released by Plantronics in August 2016.

How do I fix my backbeat fit?

I bought a Backbeat FIT and after about 3 months it stopped working, it won't turn on or anything! It still charges(the light turns on when plugged in) but won't actually turn on! I'm frustrated because I spent $130 on headphones, 3 months later Platronics in telling me I need to pay $95 to replace it!!!

My Red Backbeat Fit came DOA. Buttons not stuck or anything, just won't power on or take a charge. Red LEDs come on when plugged into a charger but even left overnight doesn't go to blue. Power button completely unresponsive, no LEDs come on when unit is not plugged in.

Mine turn on and off and says that it is charged but does not pair anymore with any device

Experiencing the same issue on a Backbeat Go 2. Won't turn on, charging LED turns on but keeps charging forever after 3 years. Wouldn't recommend Plantronics products.

Same thing as one of the comments above - DOA. Will not even power on. Will indicate red for charging while plugged in but will never turn blue. No stuck buttons. Just broken.

Was there a solution at all? This has just happened to me too. And I’ve only used it twice. Can’t find the receipt. So frustrating. What a rubbish product!!!!

Most Helpful Answer

I had this same issue and after some troubleshooting I realized that the left-side earphone control (the one that allows you to play/pause) was sticky. That is, it was 'stuck' in pressed mode, causing all other functions to fail (like the OP stated, charging still worked).

So, there's a flakey solenoid (or something). My temp fix is to lightly tap the left earbud against something hard in the hopes that this action will dislodge it. To avoid having the button stick again, I've been controlling the audio via the iPhone controls (which sort of defeats the purpose of not having to retrieve the phone from one's pocket, but hey - one thing at a time).

I've got exactly the same issue. Play pause button is stuck, was charging but now not. Earphones dead, and similarly just months old.

Returned to store, replaced it on the spot.

Good work. Hadn't used mine in months and had it sitting in my car for that entire time. Button got stuck and I knocked the pause button loose by knocking on it with my knuckles. Good as new.

Cameron you are a life saver. Had the same issue, so kept punching the left knob, now it turns on finally. Mine is out of warranty phew!

Wow, just when I thought it was beyond fixing your were a life saver!

I thought I had the same issue. I contacted tech support and there is a tiny little clear button on the edge of the power button. Once I depressed that tiny button, it powered on. The instructions do not do a very good job of pointing this out. Hope this helps some of you guys.

Thanks so much for this, was on the verge of returning mine to the shop but this did the job!

Hi Edward,

Where is this little clear button.

I can't find it.

Thank you in advance,

Vladimir

Thank you. Tech support couldn't help me resolve this. That fixed it.

I wasn't able to find the button either but I carefully lifted the outer ring a little and snapped it back in. Right after this I was able to turn it on again and it flashed orange/blue.

Thank you rikobeck!! I ended up taking off the entire outside ring. Be really careful if you do this because the power button is nothing more than a small clearish piece of plastic. It is easy to lose.

You have to carefully place it back on top of the dimpled spot. The other trick is aligning the ring before snapping in place. If possible remember how it came off. All this being said, I fixed it!!

I bought mine about 6 months ago; expensive! Used it 3-4x and it stopped working. Worst product ever! I basically spent $130 to be disappointed! I'm furious! I charged it for 2 nights straight and the light never changed from red to blue.

I am having the same issue. I won't hit them or whatnot but this is rediculious and way too costly. I wish I had seen this first. Not a happy camper!!!

same same such a pain

Same problem here.. so disappointed!

I will bring it to a service center and see if they do something about it.

Exactly the same problem.

Did someone solve or know how?

Exact same problem here. Very disappointed!

I bought this Backbeat FIT too and after few months it stopped working, it won't turn on. the light is still turns on when plugged in, but won't actually charge. I don't know what to do.

there's a 2 year warranty. go to their website and enter your serial number

I just fixed my earphone that did't charging. The problem was in contact with the USB connector and the PCB

How did you open it, can you tell me where exactly we need to detach it?

Carefully lift out the plastic outer ring on answer button. Don't lost small plastic power button! Then bend out the part where the loudspeaker is. If you're lucky, you don't break plastic clips which keep the parts in one another. Maybe warming up helps, there is glue inside.

The press the device out of its frame, don't damage cords.

After that yout have to open it like a mussel. In my case, there was corrosion on the PCB's USB connector contact surface.

When I assembled it back, I used silicone glue

I think that in my case the fault was that I did recharge too soon after heavy use and washing.

It is better to let it dry properly (several hours)

Than you so much for explaining.

I am very lucky this time.. though warranty was 1 month before, service center agreed to give a new version without even asking single question.

Zava , how can i press the device out of its frame ?

Is there any way to buy power button bcs i lost mine

Class action anyone? Plantronics should replace with working and non-defective products. You can't fix, they won't replace. I am not a sue happy person, but paying $130 and nothing working makes me RED!

It is extremely hard to fix anything with this speakers, Plantronics service says it is not repairable, but... I can trot out that I have replaced one speaker from broken one my (green) with successful

below picture how it looks like - very tiny :)

May I know the procedure for opening it?

I bought a pair of these headphones as the ones i originally had-which were great by the way-broke. When I received the headphones, they would seemingly charge, but never complete the charge as the indicator light remained red. I returned these and ordered a new pair, but they did the same exact thing.

Exactly the same thing happening to me and my wife!? So frustrating!! Has anyone contacted plantronics direct?! So filthy!!!

People, we really should start a class action for this, a petition of some sort.

I just got these yesterday let all three charge all night only 1 of them turned on do you know what's wrong?or how to fix them?

I lost 2 of these to the same issue - worn’t turn on. The first one was refurbished, so I wasn’t so upset, the other one was brand new, lasted less then a year. I love the fit of these earphones but the durability is so poor!

Having a similar issue as a lot of people. My headphones won’t charge and won’t power on. When I plug them into a charger the light doesn’t even turn on. This is unexceptable for $130 headphones. I’ve barely used them and now I have a $130 paper weight as a result of nothing I’ve done. Has anyone tried to take these to a local repair shop to have PCB looked at? This seems like a prime example of an issue that deserves a class action lawsuit.

Same problem here. I bought mine 10 months ago and they suddenly stopped working, they charge, I get the red light and blue light when charging, but that's it, nothing else seems to work. Plantronics won't help me either.

Exactly what happened to me. I played around with the play and other button on the opposite side to the power and it came right. Looks like a sticky button remaining on so the power button won't work. See how long it lasts I guess. Push the buttons many times to try and free it up.

I have the same problem - left-side earphone control ( play/pause) was 'stuck' in pressed mode. Try to push many times, nothing to happens. What can I do else?

Thaaats not encouraging...at all! Almost exactly three months, same spot; waiting to hear from them tomorrow

You have to return the product - they're clearly flawed. I've got a replacement, will see how long that lasts - local store asked no questions. The new one has a play button that feels dodgy too.

I have this problem that just the left side stops working, the play/pause and volume controls works fine but the earpiece is dead. Any advice? (6 months use)

I bought mines at Costco, worked perfectly fine for only 1 year, cant return them because its only 90 day policy. Left side is very sensitive and have issues powering on/off. Love the product but will never buy again if I dont get one replaced by Plantonics. Still have original packaging

Apparently there's a problem with these earphones.

Some sort of product failure.

I suggest do not try to open it up and fix it, it is likely be more complicated to put back. If u can bring it back to the store for replacement. I had mine replaced only to receive new malfunctioning ones, with the same problems. Now I am waiting for them to bring in new earphones from a different branch. All in all, it's been 3 months of on and off tango with the vendor in order to get new ear phones that are in working order.

My advice to y'all, do not buy them, and if u did, try not to fix them yourself.

Definitely a manufacturing problem, those earphones are flawed from factory. Just check this page to get an idea of how many are experiencing charging issues. Definitely not worth the money spent. https://www.facebook.com/Plantronics/pos...

Just got a brand new back beat fit brand new I charge it but the color never changes to blue from red I left it chargeing over night and it will still be red can anyone help me out.

Somethings is wrong, after about 1 hour led should change to blue, try other charger with other cable, if doesn't help then probably only service left :/

Is there an image of the battery?

I don't have image of battery, it is on another side and I didn't open it.

Oh My!!! Just bought (VERY PRICEY) Plantronics BackBeat FIT PLT Waterproof Sport Wireless Bluetooth Headphones. I’m cancelling my purchase & asking for a refund. Any suggestions as to what I should get now??? At a loss, but I appreciate the input from you all. Who’d want to go thru try this, do that, find this send that? Not i nor will I. This company can’t continue to sell these and replace them without going under. I won’t do this. Good luck everyone! Don’t forget to let me know what other headphones you recommend that is reliable and dependable if you can.

Hello everyboy (I'm french you'll excuse my ortograph..)

I just had the same problem as everybody here. My headphones didn't want to turn "ON" (even when battery fuly charged overnight) and when it was charging mode, the color appears blue and red in the same time. This problem appened to me just after tryin to uptade de processus with the app' phone i just downloaded from official plantronics backbeat FIT.

So I tri every thing poeple are telling here with no succes. And then, i had the idea to delete the app from my phone, re-download it and try to connect my headphone to my phone. To do that I just puch on the power button until it the red and blue light appears (keeping the power button press in te same time) and suddently my phone app asked my if i want to connect my headphone ! My headphone work again and the app was normaly uptade !

Maybe you kan try it ? It worked with me..

I had same issue with headphones. I manage to open it, checked all connections and finally found the solution for this product. It took approximate 2 minutes from my desk to trash bin. I placed on order apple airpods.

Ezra Gloetzner will be eternally grateful.