A portable, all-in-one, desktop with touchscreen manufactured in 2013 by Dell. Model Number W01A can be found by checking the device's right support foot.

What is a reasonable cost to replace the motherboard?

My Dell XPS 18 motherboard went out last week. I sent it in to the Best Buy repair service and they want to charge me $1060 to replace the motherboard. I am shopping around for a better deal. Is it worth replacing or is it better to invest in a new PC? In the past 5 years, when I've replaced PCs, they have lasted 1-2 years before dying on me. Advice?

YOu can buy a GREAT computer for $500; only an idiot spends twice as much to repair one

What kind of use do you expect from your laptop, motherboard failure is kinda rare on that new a machine. 1060 is to much to pay for service like that and get away from best buy . Their service department is there to service warranty work and tell everyone else that it would be cheaper to walk out on there floor and buy a new computer. Find a reputable computer repair shop in your area. A place that doesn't sell computers. but does repair. If your ruff on your laptop invest in a heavily padded laptop bag. Dont set it on pillows or blankets this plugs vents and causes overheating . Dont drink around your laptop unless its with a sippy cup that wont spill or if you have to drink 180 proof or better wont hurt the laptop if you do spill. don't drop throw slam or slap the baby or it will become mentally disabled and yes I'm still talking laptop. If you ever have had a laptop shipped to you you will see a fragile sticker on the box that goes for after shipping as well . So in a laptop should easily last 3-5 years and only get new if you need upgrades that are beyond the capability of the machine. Thats my 2 cents ....Hope it helps

I did a quick search, and it looks like you can get a replacement motherboard for around $200. Would you be comfortable opening it up and doing it yourself? If not, your best bet would be to get a new computer. For the same $1060, you could actually build a pretty decent custom PC.

Wendy Tayer will be eternally grateful.