Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Sim tray won't fully insert

I have a iPhone 6 Plus with a broken screen I haven't replaced it yet as the sim tray won't fully insert and the phone wont recognize the sim card. It gets almost fully in but sits maybe half a millimeter proud of the side of the phone housing. I thought the sim tray might be bent so borrowed my friends sim tray and that too will not fully seat in the phone. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have to open the phone to replace the display anyway. If the internal part of the sim slot is broken can this easily be replaced or would it involve soldering?

No, none of these things. Also this was from last year. That guy is never gonna come back. At least not for this answer. For the sake of people keep reading this post. Remove the pentelope screws. Likely, gently, push down on the logic board until the sim tray fully goes in. Don't try to bend the phone with the logic board in, as it will likely damage the logic board, and cause further problems. If you want to bend the frame. Here's a guide. Remove the logic board, then bend, then replace logic board. This is a big repair if you don't do this all the time

iPhone 6 Plus Logic Board Replacement

The sim slot itself is soldered to the board but this most likely isn't the case. Hold the phone level and see if it's bent (very common with this model). If the phone is bent near the sim slot simply bending it back should allow you to slide it in all the way.

Right but technically wrong

I have the same problem. what should I use to bend it back into place?

I have the same problem I saw a post that said a screw fell inside. Took it out and it was fixed. I am going to check mine to see if that's the case. Will keep you posted.

How did you go? I can see something loose on my old IPhone 6 too. Sim & sim holder are ok but something is obstructing them from inserting the final 5% of the way in.

The obstruction is a tiny piece of metal (looks gold colour but could be wrong) a bit near the hole on inside

When sim is 90% in, gently apply pressure with one finger to right side then the left side and repeat

it doesn't work

James White will be eternally grateful.