RCA Android tablet with detachable keyboard, identified by model number RCT6303W87DK.

Why will Windows not recognize this device?

I have tried to attach my device to my laptop to transfer pictures to my photo folder but it says Windows does not recognize this device. Is there a work around?

I'm having the same problem

I can't to my desktop.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

The best way to connect RCA tablet to PC, Just download app named "Wifi File Transfer PRO" from PLAY STORE "Price is only $1.40" This is an easy way to transfer your files to and from your Windows PC.

The issue is: The USB port only works with non-powered storage devices (memory sticks, SD cards, etc.). Your computer, or phone, will not connect.

RCA sells a proprietary cable just for this tablet in order to connect it to a PC for $20

Edit: I have done more research on this and actually the cable doesn't look so proprietary... It looks like a normal data cable for any device... It's also cheaper on the actual RCA website @ $5.00. It may be called proprietary because the data cable may be wired differently than data cables for other devices. The $20.00 cable is a 6' cable from another vendor.

You can find the cable here: https://rcaav.com/shop/tablet-connection...

and what if I can't purchase this app? is there another way?

sign up for Dropbox free version then you can transfer the pics/files

I know this is old and a long shot, but LS Computer systems, can you link me to this outrageous cable you are referring to? Thanks

it is listed on RCA under tablet Accessories

mtn69dew, can you link me to it though? There is nothing on it that says it is a "proprietary cable" and there clearly isn't a cable on there that cost $20.

I was told in another forum board that it took a male to male usb to get it to work on a pc, but clearly that didn't work after I went out and purchased the cable.

you need to purchase a usb cable Via RCA

I ended up using a bluetooth Doddle

If I knew this I would not have bought this tablet. And now I will never!!! recommend RCA to anyone again. SAD indeed.

What i did was use this program called Portal, it connects the tablet to the pc wirelessly and you just drag the files into your browser and it sends it to the tablet.

mybill2 will be eternally grateful.