RCA Android tablet with detachable keyboard, identified by model number RCT6303W87DK.

Why will Windows not recognize this device?

I have tried to attach my device to my laptop to transfer pictures to my photo folder but it says Windows does not recognize this device. Is there a work around?

I'm having the same problem

I can't to my desktop.

Itry to connect to the internet.

Most Helpful Answer

The best way to connect RCA tablet to PC, Just download app named "Wifi File Transfer PRO" from PLAY STORE "Price is only $1.40" This is an easy way to transfer your files to and from your Windows PC.

The issue is: The USB port only works with non-powered storage devices (memory sticks, SD cards, etc.). Your computer, or phone, will not connect.

RCA sells a proprietary cable just for this tablet in order to connect it to a PC for $20

Edit: I have done more research on this and actually the cable doesn't look so proprietary... It looks like a normal data cable for any device... It's also cheaper on the actual RCA website @ $5.00. It may be called proprietary because the data cable may be wired differently than data cables for other devices. The $20.00 cable is a 6' cable from another vendor.

You can find the cable here: https://rcaav.com/shop/tablet-connection...

and what if I can't purchase this app? is there another way?

sign up for Dropbox free version then you can transfer the pics/files

I know this is old and a long shot, but LS Computer systems, can you link me to this outrageous cable you are referring to? Thanks

it is listed on RCA under tablet Accessories

mtn69dew, can you link me to it though? There is nothing on it that says it is a "proprietary cable" and there clearly isn't a cable on there that cost $20.

I was told in another forum board that it took a male to male usb to get it to work on a pc, but clearly that didn't work after I went out and purchased the cable.

you need to purchase a usb cable Via RCA

I ended up using a bluetooth Doddle

If I knew this I would not have bought this tablet. And now I will never!!! recommend RCA to anyone again. SAD indeed.

What i did was use this program called Portal, it connects the tablet to the pc wirelessly and you just drag the files into your browser and it sends it to the tablet.

The RCA Viking Pro 10.1 is not accessable to PC’s (via the USB port) especially ones running Windows 10. I hear it’s possible to do on Windows 7 but do not have that myself. The problem everyone is having connecting their Viking Pros to PCs is that RCA has diabled the functions of the USB serials as everyone would normally use them. It does not matter if you use their proprietary OTG cable that they offer for $20 so don’t waste your time ordering it with the expectation that this will enable you to use the USB function as you think it would. It’s a lie told by RCA that you need this to connect when that is utterly false! I have tried that already. It appears that RCA has blocked the use of the USB as some kind of “FRP” (factory reset protection). I have rooted my device and am currently searching for some way to replace the USB serials so the device can finally be used in a normal manner despite RCA’s attempts to block connecting to a PC. This is not easy since I have to go through many USB serials before finding one that works. So far this has proven to be difficult but I’m on it, so to speak. Further updates (or failures) of my attempts will be published here as soon as I find something workable. However, there are no ROMs available, so there is currently no way to upgrade any devices farther than 7.0 at this current moment.

I'm actually here on this thread trying to find a way to connect the Galileo (similar to Viking) so that I can root my tablet. Sounds like you've done that without using the cable. I'm a novice and was just following "some thread" on how to root a generic tablet. Can you post the directions on how to root? Again, I'm not computer / android expert so they will need to be simple to understand but thorough. I'd really appreciate it.

Hello Craig. I have posted an answer to you question and am here to make sure it's here or not. If you have not seen my reply, I can't see it either, so I'll give you the short version that you can get the mobile version of KingoRoot and somehow place it on a micro SD card and place that into the device. Install then run the apk is all you should need to do , it's do all the work for you. If that doesn't work try any other mobile rooters like towleroot or even kingRoot. Here's a link to the curent popular rooters,https://www.androidauthority.com/best-ro...

mybill2 will be eternally grateful.