Back light dark on top

Dark the top is black

@duba is it just darker or is it black? do you still see things on that part of the screen?

I have the same problem, my screen is dark in the top.

I have a similar problem but I have no image or sound it just blinks now on and off and the top of the tv is darker then the bottom I replaced the power board and the main board and still no fix need any tips!

I have the same problem. it started gradually getting worse now to the point the top is virtually un-viewable with the darkest at the top fading back to normal at the bottom. there is three cards in the back, has to be one of them i would think.

@georgesl not necessarily. Could be the LED strip that makes up your backlight. Repairable by disassembling the panel itself and hopefully getting an LED replacement

@dube @lintaum this is most likely caused by a failed backlight. Could be the power board, the LCD or the inverter circuitry. This is a vague answer due to the fact that we do not have all the information.

Portia will be eternally grateful.