The slim edition of the classic Xbox 360 with a 250GB HDD and built-in Wi-Fi. Repair requires intricate prying and special tools.

Will a xbox one power supply work on xbox 360 slim

I bought a xbox 360 slim from a guy. He showed that it worked, but I bought it withought the power supply. A power supply from a xbox one looks like the same. Will a xbox one power supply work on a xbox slim. They both have the 2 large pins for the plug and look the same, but I thought I would ask before i tried it.

@emmasdad no. They are not compatible. Try it only if you do not like your Xbox:-)

Thank you for the reply

Worked for me. The PSU only outputs what your system needs as the One uses about 18 amps while the 360 used about 11 so it is more than capable of powering the 360. Just like how you buy a higher wattage PSU for your gaming computer.

I just tried to put the power supply from my XBox One into my XBox 360 Slim (without it plugged in and drained for safety) and it won't even fit into the 360.

@shermantank that is correct. They are not compatible.

James will be eternally grateful.