Repair and support for the controllers that shipped with the PS3. Released mid 2008, the six-axis lithium battery powered controller (CECHZC2) is straightforward to repair.

Why does my controller randomly presses buttons?

Whenever I play a game the controller justs starts choosing options that match the buttons out of nowhere without them being pressed. For Example I'll play call of duty and all of the sudden I'll start switching weapons or shooting without me pressing the button.

Only difference with mine is it works normally on the charger as a wired controller why would this happen

Best guess is that your Bluetooth module is giving out wonky signals. Does it happen with other controllers?

As for mine, the controller works fine on another person's computer when I try but starts pressing itself randomly on mine

What I usually do is smack it against the floor until it works properly

I would suggest you open up your controller and clean the contacts. If things get stuck in there or if its grounding out for some reason across the contacts you'll get the behavior as described.

Use this guide to help you open it up.

P.S. the clear contact sheet that the buttons press on shouldn't be bent or crinkled.

Hope this helps.

Thanks alot! It worked great!

Hooray! Glad to help. :)

My problem is when i try to remove the five 7.2 mm Philips screw, one of them got stuck and i couldn't remove the cover of the controller, pls help

I had the same problem. My controller randomly sent d-pad signals.

The fix was to thicken the contact foam that is pushing the contact strype against the board.

I just used some transparent tape.

Here's a video from someone on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY4rLTpn...

What if the clear contact sheet is bent or crinkled?

the clear contact is the sensor and if that is dirty or bent it will screw the hole things up making the controller user

In some cases, it could simply be the casing.

In my case, at the top left just below indicator number 4, there is a small piece of plastic that snaps the controller together.

Being I got mine used, it has obviously seen previous repair and the previous owner damaged this plastic contact.

By opening up the base and carefully pushing this piece back in position with a flat head, the controller snapped properly in place. After screwing it back together tightly (the screws were also loose compared to factory) I resolved my phantom D-Pad issue.

I also resolved improper placement of the R2 trigger spring in the process XD

hopefully this works my PS3 controller isn't working very well it keeps pressing random buttons and it keep moving around by its self and its also really difficult to shoot in GTA and Call of Duty.

Let us know. I'd be interested to hear if you find out new information about it!

Rasheen Barber will be eternally grateful.